Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I saw plenty of posts from people who blew up their lockrites but no posts on breaking a no-slip. I'm Planning on putting one in on a TJ Dana44 w/ 3.73's and a trashloc. Money is what money is or else I'd go for the Ox locker. Thanks...

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have one in the back of my CJ which also has the dana 44. Worked great for about a year till it started giving me some problems. Would disengage very loundly and violently in turns while on pavement. I am talking major shake to the jeep and borderline dangerous if it happened at speed. Then as quickly as it started it stopped and here is the real kicker. It is actually acting like a spool right now. Thing won't disengage at all anytime. Kind of like it actually. I still haven't taken it apart to see what caused the initial malfunction but i am liking it now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
not sure about the dana ones but I blew mine out that was in my 96 tacoma in the first few miles. I was running 39" boggers but still it didn't last at all. I also know a few others with tacomas that broke there the same way in just a couple 1k miles. I'd go with the detriot or the lock right. The no-slip just doesn't hold up to well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Guess I won't be installing one. Looks like doing a full Detroit will pay off in the long run.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I currently have a LockRight. There's no point in a No-Slip, since the main benefit is less noise and who cares in a Jeep? Before my Lockright, I had a Detroit, but did an axle swap and couldn't swing the Detroit this time. If you have the $ for a Detroit, go that way. If not, the Lockright works well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going no-slip because they didn't offer a lock-right for the D44
trac-loc carrier. I'm really just concerned about the unit lasting for a long time, and not wasting time and $'s. Thanks

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Those carriers are only about $50, but if you aren't happy with your carrier, yank it and put a Detroit in for about the same price as the No-Slip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts