Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all right I browed the basic layout from 4-Banger ( thanks ) I made some light mods.............here is the deal I need access to the back seat , the booster seat and other passgeners, front seat and steat belts tied in to cage, is this safe .................should I X the top.............. I got most of my ideas from the redbull cj-7 ............ this is a weekend jeep not comp yes it will be made out of dom 1.75 x 120 wall ............thanks for the time

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the side view the seat tie ins are obously missing........ and I don't have rear view sorry ...........ltr

Attachments

·
FU2
2,098 Posts
For a weekend rig, you'll be fine... If your PLANNING on rolling, and don't wanna chance distortion... Maybe a V from the A to B hoop insted of staight bars back, and if it not gonna be too much of a pain for the back seat, a single cross brace on the B hoop...

I have seen ALOT of rigs with the same design as you have it hold up VERY well...YES, even "Comp" rigs...

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
great sound like I have a winner...............allright on that v from a to b if I do that would it hurt to do the opposite for the b to c pillar and on that cross brace how high does it need to be the lower for "access" the better I was acutally thinking of adding one at the bottom of the b pillar would that help ??? thanks...................ltr

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
Boy i bet the comp is making this a hell of alot easier for ya.
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it is I have to thank 4- banger for him letting me use his original image the cad makes it a lot eaiser to xplain to people such as the wife and others.............ltr

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Overall it's pretty similar to my zuk's cage. The main difference is that I bit the bullet on ease of access and put a diagonal on the B hoop. I also added side to side tubes running along the floor on the B and C hoops.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
HERE YA GO:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice looking but I would get confused trying to get in not to mention any my buddies...................ltr

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I think everyone (including you) are concerned with not having any top to bottom support from one side to the other to keep the cage from collapsing in a barrel roll.
Perhaps a tube on and across the floor mating the bottoms of the second hoop and adding two verticle tubes that meet at the top of the middle hoop with the base of each meeting the bottom rail somewhere behind each of the front passenger seats?
Sort of like a tall tent in back of and inbetween the front seats.
It seems to me this will add a bunch of lateral (and top) support yet still leave room for back seat passengers to get in and out.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Looks good. Stop talking...take action!

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jaffer how is this, I am lost on the whole verticle thing please ms paint the image and post ............. your help is making my little girl and wife safer now if it was my mother in law well let's say she would ride on the tire carrier............ltr

ryan soon bro real soon I am on my way to pick up the dash............ltr

Attachments

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Well, I was thinking something like this added to the middle hoop behind the front seats going down to the green bar you've already drawn.
Rear passengers can grab the gusset (or strap) and step in without crawling through a jungle jim.
It's not the best triangulation but should add a ton more lateral and top strength.
Just a thought ...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
allright here is the updated updated version jaffer and newt this is a combo of both what do you think ???

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts