Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to get it into the truck, but I finished the mount side of my crossmember.

While it will be low, it'll be higher than my AA mount/stock skidplate lowered 1".

The crossmember is 1.5"x4", and will be boxed all the way across once I cut it to fit inside the frame rails....

The finished mount (needs new bushings!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the crossmember mount clearanced for T-case and PTO mount. I didn't have to clearance the T-case side all the way, so I left the metal in there for maybe a bit more beef. Again, it'll be boxed more from the sides out...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

About as good as it gets. The mount actually sits on transmission (or rather, when it's in place, the transmission sits on the mount.)

I just went out and mounted my tcase on the H42 pictured. If I had read this earlier.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I like it alot, I will have to check back with you down the road. I was telling a customer about it today, he doesn't want to use the AA style mount in a 350 conversion but needs a a set of mount further back. A freind of mine busted a stock bellhousing because of all the extra weight and length of a 465 conversion... he could use a crossmember like yours too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts