Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yet another dilemma #@&^*

Thought everything was nice and cool putting my chassis back together. Installing my skid plate when I noticed something not quite right. Turns out my transfer outputs are about 1 1/2" out of parallel with the pumpkin(s) output. I did the Downey conversion per the instructions. Is this too far out of alingement? what affects will it have for the road? should I go back to the drawing board and get it to the nats ass? I've run out of holes on my motor mounts to go any further left. :(

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If you are talking about L to R lateral alignment, it is no problem. I have seen people running a cuiser offset rear from a centered output NP205 with no ill effects. If you are talking about an angle mismatch between the two flanges, it may be a problem with vibration.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pin Head said:
If you are talking about L to R lateral alignment, it is no problem. I have seen people running a cuiser offset rear from a centered output NP205 with no ill effects. If you are talking about an angle mismatch between the two flanges, it may be a problem with vibration.

??? My two pumpkins run true to the frame (parallel) and the transfer is 1 1/2" over to the right line, parallel to the frame as well. ??? Hope this explains it a little better.

frame> _______________________________

pumkins>________________________________
__________transfer__________

frame>________________________________

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Run it,
There should not be any issue with having the output off center by a tad bit..

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've run mine with about a 2" offset without ever any problems I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
I built my rear axle 4" offset to deal with my 2F and Atlas combo.

When I went to the LT-1, I was centered and now the rear is 4" offset L/R.

It is not a problem since I only have a 7* angle up/down.

No CV, runs just fine, no vibs.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great!!! That's music to my ears. Sure thought I f'ed up somewhere. It was a real concern for me since I will be using my Cruiser for the street also. Thanks a bunch for the info. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts