Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Haha, they told they would ship me one in separate boxes, bbl off the receiver, but shipping and other US fees would put it up around $700 and they warned me that I would need to get an SBR stamp before attaching the bbl.

I can get the Serbu Super Shorty for under $700 in my choice of AOW or SBR, configuration...

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
From what little info I found, it is a Chinese 870 knockoff...

If it is a good knockoff, couldn't you just use an 870 receiver and their shortened barrel, tube, & grip?

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts

If it is a good knockoff, couldn't you just use an 870 receiver and their shortened barrel, tube, & grip?
Not legally.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Also, AFAIK, 870 mag tubes are a bitch to change.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Not legally.
correct me if I am wrong but it could be legal with the proper paperwork and tax stamp if you live in a state that allows SBS

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
My issue with a normal tube fed shotgun being an SBS is that you cut down your magazine capacity so much... 4+1 in the 12" gun... I'd rather have 6-8 more inches of barrel and be able to have 7+1

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My issue with a normal tube fed shotgun being an SBS is that you cut down your magazine capacity so much... 4+1 in the 12" gun... I'd rather have 6-8 more inches of barrel and be able to have 7+1
How about something like this for $370

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
correct me if I am wrong but it could be legal with the proper paperwork and tax stamp if you live in a state that allows SBS
You are wrong (and right). He's in Canuckistan, so there's no stamping anything. It has to come from the factory that way, so swapping receivers is a no-go. In the US, yes, you could AOW or SBS it depending on the receiver/configuration.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
You are wrong (and right). He's in Canuckistan, so there's no stamping anything. It has to come from the factory that way, so swapping receivers is a no-go. In the US, yes, you could AOW or SBS it depending on the receiver/configuration.
i did not know "themaddhatter" is from canada?

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts

Looks like he was suggesting that Frumpy try to swap receiver etc.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like he was suggesting that Frumpy try to swap receiver etc.
I read right by that question. No issues putting that barrel on an 870 as far as I know (because it is a "factory" barrel and not a "sawed off")

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Sounds like this is the only thing Canada has gotten right besides Hockey and Maple Syrup...:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like this is the only thing Canada has gotten right besides Hockey and Maple Syrup...:flipoff2:
Here's a funny one for you. Centre fire semi auto rifles are limited to 5 round magazines. However, if a magazine for another firearm that is more than 5 rounds fits and works in the centre fire semi auto it's legal. aka LAR-15 10 round pistol mag can legally be used in an AR15 :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Here's a funny one for you. Centre fire semi auto rifles are limited to 5 round magazines. However, if a magazine for another firearm that is more than 5 rounds fits and works in the centre fire semi auto it's legal. aka LAR-15 10 round pistol mag can legally be used in an AR15 :D
Unfortunately it cuts both ways - no limits on 22 rifle mags, but a 10 round limit on 22 handgun mags. M&P15 mags can be used in their 22 handgun, so every M&P 15 owner got a nice letter telling them that they had to pin their mags to 10 rounds (and provide proof) or they would be breaking the law. :mad3:

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Unfortunately it cuts both ways - no limits on 22 rifle mags, but a 10 round limit on 22 handgun mags. M&P15 mags can be used in their 22 handgun, so every M&P 15 owner got a nice letter telling them that they had to pin their mags to 10 rounds (and provide proof) or they would be breaking the law. :mad3:
Even if they do not own a M&P15 pistol?

A guy I work with lives in Canada and he has been considering getting a restricted license. However, it is my understanding that even with the restricted license you are still limited to 10 round magazines (other than 22 rifle).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts