Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started with a clean, virgin '94 YJ with a blown 4 cylinder.

My buddy Tony, the sheet metal guru, had some time so I got him to cut the fenders and install the LED lights.

Then we stuffed in a GM HT383 crate motor with Howell fuel injection.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Next was the Turbo 400. Unfortunately, TCI had sent me the wrong output shaft (I didn't want to run an adapter). So, the 400 came out and the new and correct 203 output shaft was installed.

Then I started building the axles. The rear is a Dodge HD 60 with a Detroit, 4.88's, 35 spline axles and TSM disks. The front is a ProRock 60, but I wanted kingpins rather than ball joints so I had Dynatrac ship me just a housing and I installed a set of Dedenbear C's, Detroit Locker and 4.88's.

Torquing the kingpins to 600 ft lbs . . .

Setting up the gears . . .

Completed axle, but not the steering arms or tie rod I'll end up using . . .

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
After putting in the Atlas and stripping the Jeep all the way down, I loaded it up and took it over to Frankie's Offroad in Rainbow City, Alabama (crappy picture cause the camera was fogged up) . . .

Meanwhile, I was gathering up parts and materials. Fox coilovers from polyperformance.com . . .

42" Iroks on Walker Evans 17" wheels . . .

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Frankie and crew started working on the cage and nerf bars . . .

Mastercraft seats . . .

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wiggamoe said:
Looks awesome. What is the purpose of that gauge in the pumpkin? What does it align?
Pinion depth.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Finally, we could roll the axles underneath . . .

The rear fourlink was first and I bolted on the BTF tube fenders . . .

Blue Torch Fab axle truss . . .

And here's where it was last Thursday, 2/2/2006 with the lower links on the front tacked in place . . .

and Ben cut the area under the tailgate getting ready to tube out the rear (frame is cut about where the rear fender starts) . . .

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Jeep itch said:
???

I see where you have chopped the rear frame after four link set up - Have you done anything to beef up the rear body area? Or is that not needed?
Not yet, but it is needed. Here's a better shot of the frame . . .

We're still trying to decide how to do it. The latest idea is to use square tubing to tie into the frame and support the tub in the rear. I'll post some updates when it's done.

1 - 20 of 553 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.