Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a 3 link swap on the front of my yj I used the link calculator and dont quite know if the numbers are good or ok. I went with fox 10 emulsion coil overs. the ride feels odd but not sure if it is because i am not use to coilovers. i set my caster angle at the recommended 6 deg but the jeep seemed to wonder down the road, i think after adjusting lower links to improve coil angle i think it put me at closer to 12 deg caster now she drivers her self.
So my questions are 1, do the numbers in the link calculator look ok? 2, is there any foreseeable problems from the caster angle? 3, because this is a daily driver should i switch out 3 or all 6 of the heim joints to johny joints for less road vibration? thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
In general, your antisquat should be around 100% - you're at 8%. Some people like 50%.

I shoot for 0 roll axis angle - you're at 9 degrees, which is really far off the ideal.

Suggestions:

0) double check all your measurements - garbage in = garbage out.

1) get your lower links flatter - more parallel to the ground

2) get more separation between the links at the frame end

Hopefully, your upper link frame bracket has 3 holes. Do all your calculations with the middle hole. You can fine tune the antisquat after installation by moving the upper link to the other two holes.

It's tough to get all of the numbers to be perfect. Play around with the 3 link calculator, and you can see the adjustments that make the most difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i went threw everything a who knows how many times adjusting numbers with what i have to work with come to find out it was my CG was way off didnt understand what it was looking for. so after correcting that my anti dive is now 116%. i read that "since roll axis angle determines roll steer, and on a front axle you steer with the steering wheel so it doesn't matter" so not sure if i should worry about it, but if i move axle brackets i can get it down to 7% dont know if i should worry about it tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts