Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, decided I want a new rig (buggy is almost a year old:rolleyes And decide i want to go back to a full body. This way i'll have both! So. here's the plan:
warmed up 302
Fuel injection
bronco C-4
Bronco 20 case
Bronco 20 doubler
Hp 60 front
60 HD rear
detroits
4:56
42 Iroks
yj frame 115 WB
leaves all the way around!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I like the way your doing it. What are your plans for the rear portion of it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
wow! Dave its shaping up nice. I like how you flattened the high rails, that bed will seat nice and tight. Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its hard to find stuff w/o the search:D
Got more done. wrapped the tub in sheet to clean it up easily

bent up some frame mounted sliders. these will be reinforced and plated with 1/8 plate and plastic

then after much head scratching, i got the bed figured out

the exterior of the bed will be wrapped in sheet and all inner surfaces will be plastic. Cage will be mounted through the bed and a separate cage in the cab. I think:confused:

whats everyone think?
dave

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Looks :grinpimp: so far...cant wait to see the finished pictures....I like the truck cab idea...

·
Registered
572 Posts
YJ+CJ8+Bronco=your build. So far looks like its gonna be :smokin: when youre done!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, still not a cruiser, but using a YJ i saved the life of my very original 70 model 40 (65K on the clock, pto winch,etc) sitting in my parents barn!
I really wanted to hack it up, but this made much more sense:)

·
Registered
766 Posts
That is almost exactly what I have been planning for my YJ. The one big difference is that I plan on links to go with my SAW coilovers. But yours is looking very pimp!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah. i thought about linking it up and building it with coils, but i really wanted a simple,tough, truck to haul some firewood and stuff around the house. its hard to beat leaf springs for that stuff. the rear springs are stock xj's for now. i'll end up building this pack or buying a mild lift pack. depends on how the front sits with weight. shooting for about a 27" belly height on the 42's

·
Registered
572 Posts
noticed up top a wb number of 115. did you mean 105? I really like your plan. I fight the urge to create very much the same thing. nasty wheeler/beefy, durable , usable vehicle. two thumbs up from my corner.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts