Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 yj born with a 2.5. I bought it originally with a 9 in in the rear and a 9/44 hybrid front axle with what I believe are cj front brakes. Before my coil over build the brakes worked ok. After sitting for 2 years I now cannot get my brake system to bleed well enough. my master was dry as I changed all the brake lines and wheel cylinders etc. Before I go buy a new master cylinder because I'm assuming it's bad from sitting dry so long does anyone have any input on if the 4 cylinder master cylinder is good enough for 37s. Or does there a trick to bleed the system or is it just that I need to bleed the master before I bleed the lines etc there is so much info online it's hard to know what to do first to trouble shoot.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
762 Posts
could have rust from sitting dry, or leaky piston seals. Usually the MC will gravity bleed if it sits with fluid in it for a while.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I always bleed the MC first, then bleed the wheel cyls/calipers starting at the furthest from the MC and working my way to the closest.

Usually, the pass rear is the furthest away.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I pulled the MC and the found a broken c clip that hold the MC plunger in place. I can only assume since it was broken and not depressed like it was supposed to be it was letting air in the system. Today i'll be getting a new MC, bench bleeding it, and see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts