Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the situation. I have a 95 YJ, 4L with no lift and 33" LTB's and have recently found out the back half of my frame is completely rotten. I was ready to send it off to the wreckers due to the high quote from the local 4x4 shop. However, a friend of mine back home (about 1100km away) has offered to help fix it for next to nothing.

Now with that, he said he could also do anything I want (coil overs, 4 link, stretch, fuel cell, etc). I was planning on just fixing it to stock due to lack of funds. However I got thinking, would it be worth it/possible to stretch the frame 3-6". That way all I would need is new brake lines, fuel line, and drive shaft (I think). Gas tank could stay in the same location as the whole frame would be stretched and I would use the rear cross member as the bumper. Might need to trim the body a bit I am guessing too and add or move some body mounts.

My only concern is with that it will be longer, no lift and 33s. If I do stretch it the next think will be belly up, 8.8 in the rear and 35s?

So, should I go with stock or stretch, and if stretch how much?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am thinking of going with 6-7" stretch that will give me a 99.4"-100.4" wheelbase. I plan on adding a section in front of the rear leafs and just moving everything back. I think it will be the simplest thing to do for now. If I decide to later, I can start play with different springs. For now I want to get it fixed and stretched a bit in the process and back wheeling.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I am looking to do simillar there Frumps. Have you decided on how you were going to add the stretch to the rear?

I have recently discovered a few cracks in the frame behind the shackles and am considering this to get it fixed right the first time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts