Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally put the Fuel cell in the TJ, Have a question for clarification, the fuel "IN" line from the pump goes into the port where the regulator is correct?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
The fuel input is on the other end of the rail. The return line connects to the regulator.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What they said. Supply is closest to the driver and the return is at the opposite side of the regulator.

·
Registered
589 Posts
What the hell are you talking about. Your RE: states "YJ fuel rail on a TJ". I gathered that you put a fuel cell in and did not use the stock fuel sending unit/fuel pump with the new cell? Are you asking if you can use a 91-95 fuel rail (w/ a regulator) on a 96-newer engine and therefore not need a independent regulator?

You might get it to plumb up but it won't run right. The 91-95 system runs at 39 psi where the newer system runs at 49. I would suspect that you would have a problem with starvation.

·
Registered
340 Posts
That's wierd..... My TJ runs fine like this at 47psi.... Most folks out there only run it this way. Some are adapting fuel cells to run the stock pump/sender, but braize 2 fittings to a '95 rail and you're in business.

·
Registered
589 Posts
That's wierd..... My TJ runs fine like this at 47psi.... Most folks out there only run it this way. Some are adapting fuel cells to run the stock pump/sender, but braize 2 fittings to a '95 rail and you're in business.
What are you braizing 2 fitting to the 95 rail for? I'm not following you. How are you regulating the pressure?

·
Registered
340 Posts
AN fittings for fuel lines. There are probably cheaper ways to do it, but it was the easiest for me. Stock rail regulator.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I thought you were brazing two new fittings in addition to the two that are there. OK, I read it wrong. But if you are using the stock regulator off the 95 rail it is rated for 39 psi. Are you measuring 47 at the rail. Try it at 3K RPMs, see what you get.

I know you can "crush" a stock regulator to bump the pressure up but I haven't heard of using stock regulator on a 96-UP (OBD-II) system and getting the engine to run properly. I'd really like to see what those pressure are.

BTW what year injectors are you using???

Thanks,

Scott

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,091 Posts
dotrappe said:
There are easier ways...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
There are easier ways...
Reviving an old thread I know...but which fittings are those to connect the fuel line to the rail?? was this on a yj rail or a tj? what did you do about the regulator???

Thanks

·
Here's Johnny!
1,582 Posts
TJ should use Rus-640860 (5/16" to -6 AN fitting)

YJ should use Rus-640860 and Rus-640850 (3/8" to -6 AN fitting).

What are you working with? Planning on using a YJ fuel rail or a TJ with regulator? There are a few ways of doing it.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
TJ should use Rus-640860 (5/16" to -6 AN fitting)

YJ should use Rus-640860 and Rus-640850 (3/8" to -6 AN fitting).

What are you working with? Planning on using a YJ fuel rail or a TJ with regulator? There are a few ways of doing it.
I forgot I had a 4305M regulator on a shelf in my garage, so I'm going to run that with a TJ rail(640860 adapter). I *THINK* I have a 2225 MSD pump laying around...but I'm not sure if is a big enough pump for the 4.0

·
Here's Johnny!
1,582 Posts
At 40 PSI that pump is a little low IMO. According to a couple FSMs 1997-2004 4.0s are 49 PSI +/-5. 2005 is 58 PSI +/-2 (I assume its the same for 2006).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts