Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, I have a 92 YJ and I am looking into lockout hubs for the front D30. I did a search and didn't find anything so....
The best thing I've found so far is the Milemarker kit. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with that kit or any other suggestions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If your going to put money in to your 30 I would go with the Warn hub conversion kit 750.00 or just buy a hp 44. you can build a 44 for as much as your going to put into your 30 with the conversion, axles and a locker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm, well, unfortunately its a little late for that. I'll do a little research, see if I can find anything cheap enough, but unfortunately, I've already got cash tied up in that axle.
I've seen and heard that the warns don't hold up to large tires (friend has them on a TJ) so I'm looking for something stronger, which I've heard the Milemarker kit is, but not from someone that has it. Plus its cheaper......
So..... anyone used them before.....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The center section for the HP 30 which you have is not too bad. If you have money already tied up and do not plan on running larger than 36-37" tires, you can use TJ shafts to get 297 ujoints and eliminate the vacuum disconnect. You just need to change one seal. Then I would get a CJ inner C's and dana 44 flat top outer knuckles. Remove the inner C from your 30, and use the 44 stuff. Then you at least get hi steer capabilities, and better lock outs for cheaper than the warn conversion. You just need to know how to weld and rig up a jig.

Ben

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a link to the kit I found on the milemarker website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts