Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let the building process begin, didn't want to put this in the hardcore section...well because I bought some prefabbed stuff and didnt want to get flamed...

Cage I fabbed along with the trail portion of PSC:

Running 5.38's with ARB in the Front and Detriot in the Rear

Rear BTF relocation Bumper:

RE 1.5 Springs with XJ rear springs:

RCI Fuel cell:

Rear DANA 60:

Front DANA 60:

Build should be happening in the next couple weekends...have all the parts except tires, shocks, driveshafts and brakelines...Just picked up a DANA 300 so I'm waiting for Duffy's flip kit to come in...

Picture of my old jeep that was stolen in November...just got this new to me black yj in March...

Old jeep at paragon:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I like the idea of the Detroit in the front, and the arb in the rear. That gives you true open axles front and back for those pleasant Sunday drives.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I like the idea of the Detroit in the front, and the arb in the rear. That gives you true open axles front and back for those pleasant Sunday drives.
hhmm... I think its the other way around. "Running 5.38's with ARB in the Front and Detriot in the Rear"

·
Registered
220 Posts
If he runs detroit in the back, it will tend to unload going around corners, especially a circular onramp that goes up hill. With arb in the back, and free hubs in the front, it will drive like a car on the highway, and be locked front and back offroad.

I have a spool in the rear and a detroit in the front. I'm thinking of doing an arb someday just for that reason.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would put the arb in the rear too. Steering brakes don't work too good with a detroit. Not sure you can get an arb for that 10 1/4 though.:smokin:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea after I ordered it and talked to people I realize that I should have indeed used the detroit in the front and the arb in the back. The axle is in deed a 60. It came out of a 88' F350, front and rear 60's

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well after looking at some pictures...it looks like you guys are right and I'm wrong...this sucks...looks like I will put the detroit in the front after all, send the ARB with compressor and gears back and order the right ones for 10.25. Hopefully PORC will take the exchange they are used only problem is that I ordered them in June. Will Ubolts for the dana 60, work on the 10.25???

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yea after I ordered it and talked to people I realize that I should have indeed used the detroit in the front and the arb in the back. The axle is in deed a 60. It came out of a 88' F350, front and rear 60's

No, really, the axle is in deed a 10.25, sterling 10.25 to be exact, yes its 35spline and a perfectly strong axle and it did come stock in a '88 f350, but it is no way shape or form a d60.....I'm not trying to be an ass, but you need to get it corrected before you can't return your gears and locker. I'm trying to save you time and money. Look at the cover on the front of your 60, now look at the cover on your rear axle.....they are nothing alike, thats because they are not the same manufacture. D44, D50, D60, D70, D80 they all look similar cause they are all Dana, your rear axle is not a Dana.

Unless you just attatched the wrong picture:flipoff2:

Justin

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, really, the axle is in deed a 10.25, sterling 10.25 to be exact, yes its 35spline and a perfectly strong axle and it did come stock in a '88 f350, but it is no way shape or form a d60.....I'm not trying to be an ass, but you need to get it corrected before you can't return your gears and locker. I'm trying to save you time and money. Look at the cover on the front of your 60, now look at the cover on your rear axle.....they are nothing alike, thats because they are not the same manufacture. D44, D50, D60, D70, D80 they all look similar cause they are all Dana, your rear axle is not a Dana.

Unless you just attatched the wrong picture:flipoff2:

Justin
I know your not being an ass, thanks for pointing it out tho!!! I realized it a post above yours, didn't know if you saw it. But I just emailed PORC to make the exchange, and i WILL be putting the detriot up front and the ARB in the back! Thanks for the notice...I 'll shoot some more photos when I get more done.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Glad you got it changed out....looks like a good build.....I've got a '89 K5 with tons and 42s I'm just trying to find a stock 4.0 yj to put the drivetrain in.

Justin

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hate to burst ur bubble but I beleive that the front 60s spring perches are going to be to wide for the front. The BTF full width kit is for 32" spring pads and the 80s 60 front is like 36" i think. Make sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
a friend of mine down the street from me has a rediculous k5 build going at the moment, prolly not going to get finished up until next summer. Its got rockwells with some rediculous 24" leaf springs...his tires just came in...50" interco with 21" rims...i'll get some pics of it this weekend

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Started at like 4 and was getting dark so I only opted to get one comp cut corner put on...didn't even relocate the body mount yet...looks ugly as sin w/o it stretched yet...oh well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts