Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw a Wrangler with the frwd mount of the rear springs recessed into the frame. It was a very slick job. Has anyone here seen this done? Any Pics? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
492 Posts
in the new 4wd and sport ulility they used the stock rear hanger but modified it so the spring was as far forward and close to the frame as possible. Was that what you saw? I like it because you wouldn't have to worry about weakening the frame. He had custom 6" SUA springs in the back. He YJ runs a v10 dodge :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taso Stambolis said:
in the new 4wd and sport ulility they used the stock rear hanger but modified it so the spring was as far forward and close to the frame as possible. Was that what you saw? I like it because you wouldn't have to worry about weakening the frame. He had custom 6" SUA springs in the back. He YJ runs a v10 dodge :eek:
Sounds like a good idea, but the one that I saw was actually mounted inside the frame rail. A lot of work, but it left nothing to hang up on.

Mike

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Im gonna do this
pic taken from the Toyota board, Check for a post by Chris Geiger there, and search for Frenched spring hangers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts