Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all.
I'm sure I will get the (I wouldn't do that) responses to this question--btu what the hell--ill post it anyway.

Im gunna peice togather a yj setup from trailtough. I basically need the mounts and shackles however dont want the missing links due to it leading into a problem.

Currently I flat tow my sami with a tow bar that connects to the shackles (heres where the I wouldnt do that usually applies) however I have done it to my sami for a while now and only towed my Heep like that--with no ill affects.

My problem is with the sami is that I can't find any tow shackles to use with the yj springs up front. Im' curious if the Trailtough front bone shackles will work with my idea-- http://www.trailtough.com/images/tt4.jpg

To modify them Im planning on cutting a notch wide enough to slip my towbar into them then drill holes on the sides to lock it in with bolts/hitch pins if they will fit.

I have two questions here--First will there be any ill affect to putting these shackles up front and modifing them to my use? Second is there a brand/company that makes shackes to convert to yj and tow with??

Oh and just curious--how many people tow like this (using the shackle)

·
Registered
248 Posts
To answer your question, I use Brent's YJ lift but my tow bar is custom made and attaches to my custom made bumper that attaches to Brents YJ missing links. So, yes it can be done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts