Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 463 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Nice one Thanks :D

I have some stock YJs coming so i'll have to keep my eye out for some lift springs in the future. Yeah I like the way yours is set up, Think i'm going to do a similar thing with the spring mounts :smokin: It'll be pretty low with that set up on stock YJs.
As for the shocks I might also have to steal the raised floor idea.

Scott

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
yeah man, I know someone who's fitting some mog 404 axles under his yj and going coil so I'm having his old springs :D

Because we like to keep it low :flipoff2:

A lower centre of gravity keeps everything more stable in off camber situations and with this set up it's quite a bit lower than spoa with stock yjs.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea I forgot you guys are over seas and the terrain difference there. Where I live, We kinda need the belly height, and id rather beef up the housing then torch my u-bolts off when need be. Nice ride though Shu, very professional.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
hey, thanks! Not done anything to it lately, I can only work on my rigs in the weekends since I got a job engineering subsea crap. First a dieselswap for my DD and then I hope to get back on it :D

First I need to work out the flooding of the carbs though, the regulator cant keep the right pressure for long

·
Registered
60 Posts
looks awesome, im SPOA on YJ's with 33's right now and its too tall. So im thinking about going SPUA and trimming the body like you did. What is your belly height from the bottom of the frame to the ground?

·
Registered
691 Posts
about 10" of lift then, I have 2" and those 8" will be a huge difference in stability. You gonna do a build thread? should be interesting to watch

Your RRO-kit is the best for spua as the springs are further back than all the other kits.. and no gay ass M/L :flipoff2:
But from the looks of it, he does have MLs in the front. Maybe he could get by without them though.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Here is what im doing to my zuk rite now. your build is why im trying this out.
I have a 1.6 16v installed by the last owner. He installed a 1" body lift to clear everything. Im on 35" MTRs. Full float CJ5 rear axle and a shaved chromo zuk front. Will end up with a 16" belly height. Not done yet but will have it at KOH this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
No missing links on mine. Yeah RRO...... enough said, but ill work with what i have. Other option is to leave it the same height but stretch it. Lowering would be easier and cheaper.

Shuduck Did you flip your u-bolts or anything to keep them from getting hung up? How much up travel do you have?

101 - 120 of 463 Posts