Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ground up YJ is almost done. :D

I can now start thinking of things like stereo systems. Head unit, speakers, sub, amp etc.

What do you have and where did you mount it ? :confused:

Most of all..How does it sound ?:eek:

This is`nt some mall krawler so whatever gets selected needs to be able to stand up to some off roading.:smokin:

TIA

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Alpine head unit. You might as well pop for a CD/MP3 Sat. ready unit.

As far as amps and subs go.

I run 1 10" Kicker solobaric L7 w/a 400 watt kicker amp.

I also replaced all my midrange speakers with alpine and added a set of alpine tweeters to the sound bar.

All together it sounds really good. If we're on the trail I usually take out the sub to have more room for a cooler, Hi-Lift, etc. The amp is mounted to the floor under the back seat and all wires are ran under the body as I have no carpet and then back up through the floor. It turned out really nice and I have no complaints whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
My son is running a unit from a Lotus in his. Great sound, and more features than would ever need. Got a smokin' deal on it for a fellow club member.:cool2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm runnnin' an alpine head unit. It's CD/MP3 xm ready, i also have my ipod hooked up to it. That is really nice, especially offroading. I put my ipod in my center console and offroad all day, no skipping, and it stays clean. I have pioneer 4x6 speakers up front, they osund awesome for their size. I also have some infinty 6.5 components up ion the sound bar. These things are amazing, sound awesome. I might put subs in it, but they take up to much room.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You like your 4x6 Pioneers? I installed them and I think they are blown or something already. I'm not re doing that either 8 hours of pulling the dash apart and installing speakers will not be done again. I have pioneers all around 5.25's in the soundbar and a pioneer head unit that doesn't play cd's anymore. I also have 6x9's I can put on the wheel well with an amp when I buy one. I think it sounds good enough for a jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Sony Head unit, Pioneer 4x6 in dash, Pioneer 6x9 on wheel wells, 2 P5 Sony Xplode subs downfiring, Sony P5 sub amp, Phionex Gold 4 channel amp for speakers, 7 farad cap/distro block combo piece.

All in all it sounds great to me. Nice clean highs and thumpin lows. I listen to anything from country to metal. I know I have a wide taste in music but it all sounds great to me. If you are planning on adding an amp or upgrading further down the road, go with the biggest wire kit like 0 gauge now rather than later. It will save you the time and hassles of reinstalling wire and rerouting it again. HTH!

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts