Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded to a 4:1 tcase gearing. Wanting to beef up my transmission/transfercase mount. Im still running the stock skidplate. Cant really find a heavy duty mount that bolts to the stock skid. Im up for building a new skid and making a crossmember but im just wanting to see what yall have built so I can get an idea. Thanks.

95YJ 2.5L auto tranny, np231 w/teralow kit, SYE kit, stock drivetrain. 4"RE lift w/37" bajaclaws. Wheeling only rig. FYI

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Thnis is what im using:

Jeep YJ Skid Plates

'93 4.0L AX-15, 8.8...

Cheaper then making it myself...

I cut the stock mount from the stock skid and welded it into the Barnes skid.

Still need to paint it...

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
I used Novaks mount with my adapter for my CJ7's np435/D300. I really like it, well put together. Uses stock skid mounting holes and came with hardware too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
quick question also at what point do you need to do a body lift with a new skid did you need one for the barns skid? is that the 3inch drop one? sorry for the hijack..

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
quick question also at what point do you need to do a body lift with a new skid did you need one for the barns skid? is that the 3inch drop one? sorry for the hijack..
It is the 3", if I went any smaller I would need a BL, or floor pan mod...
I suppose with the 2" you could mount the trans mount directly to the skid, but you will have the bolts hitting anything you bottom out on (rocks)....

·
Registered
183 Posts
It is the 3", if I went any smaller I would need a BL, or floor pan mod...
I suppose with the 2" you could mount the trans mount directly to the skid, but you will have the bolts hitting anything you bottom out on (rocks)....
ok thanks kinda what i fugred

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
When i had a teralow case I was able to do a completely flat skid without a body lift. Made a tranny mount just like Stanf. Had to cut a small section of the tub reinforcement that was in the way and that was it.

that was with a yj. 2.5l with 2in MML, ax5, and teralow

Then the doubler happened and my floor suffered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts