Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded to a 4:1 tcase gearing. Wanting to beef up my transmission/transfercase mount. Im still running the stock skidplate. Cant really find a heavy duty mount that bolts to the stock skid. Im up for building a new skid and making a crossmember but im just wanting to see what yall have built so I can get an idea. Thanks.

95YJ 2.5L auto tranny, np231 w/teralow kit, SYE kit, stock drivetrain. 4"RE lift w/37" bajaclaws. Wheeling only rig. FYI

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Thnis is what im using:

Jeep YJ Skid Plates

'93 4.0L AX-15, 8.8...

Cheaper then making it myself...

I cut the stock mount from the stock skid and welded it into the Barnes skid.

Still need to paint it...

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
I used Novaks mount with my adapter for my CJ7's np435/D300. I really like it, well put together. Uses stock skid mounting holes and came with hardware too.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
quick question also at what point do you need to do a body lift with a new skid did you need one for the barns skid? is that the 3inch drop one? sorry for the hijack..
It is the 3", if I went any smaller I would need a BL, or floor pan mod...
I suppose with the 2" you could mount the trans mount directly to the skid, but you will have the bolts hitting anything you bottom out on (rocks)....

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
When i had a teralow case I was able to do a completely flat skid without a body lift. Made a tranny mount just like Stanf. Had to cut a small section of the tub reinforcement that was in the way and that was it.

that was with a yj. 2.5l with 2in MML, ax5, and teralow

Then the doubler happened and my floor suffered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.