Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Jeep YJ that i am building.I am puting a full width Dana 60 in the rear and a Dana 44 HD in the front.bpth eight lug.My question is What size of U-bolts to use? 1/2 or 5/8?i am going to buy new U-bolts this weekend and not quite sure what size to use.What do you guys use?

i am going with a SOA.The D-60 is out of a 78 ford and the D-44 is out of a 79 chev.standard rotation.

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Bigger is certainly better in my opinion :beer: However, if you have a 78-9 HP ford 44......check the size of the hole in the cast for the larger ubolt on the drivers side and make sure it can be drilled out ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Since it is more than likely going to be SOA (right?) You really dont need a lot of meat in the u-bolts.
But....

Bigger is always better!!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
ColoYJ said:
Since it is more than likely going to be SOA (right?) You really dont need a lot of meat in the u-bolts....
Yeah, cuz the U-bolts are only holding your axle to the rest of your Jeep....I use the biggest one I can fit through the spring plates and housing without a lot of mods, I think they were 5/8" on my '78 Ford F-250 HP44 front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts