Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 9" and i gotta get the yoke to match up to the u joints on my s10 so i can put it on. i dont really want to get a custom shaft or modify mine so does anyone know where i can get a yoke to match up to my s10 shaft? the s10 shaft uses bigger u joints than what the bronco yoke takes. what is involved with swapping yokes? is it just pullin that nut off the pinion, or is that gonna mess with gear backlash, etc??

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
Why no just buy a combo joint?

·
Registered
280 Posts
A conversion joint is the best and easiest way for you to go, the spicer # for 1310 to 3R is 5-3022X, hope that helps.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i mite end up doin that. i would rather have a full u joint not one thats smaller on one half that seems kinda janky to me. but if its all that works then i guess itll do but id rather spend the $$ on a yoke that takes the s10 joint

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Are you sure the S10 uses bigger ujoints? Just seemd odd that the 9" would be smaller. Weird.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dont know much about S10's, but what's the 9" out of? They came with 1310 yokes (cars) and 1330 yokes (trucks). The 1330 yoke is about ~1" longer than the 1310.

·
Registered
280 Posts
pyros46290 said:
i mite end up doin that. i would rather have a full u joint not one thats smaller on one half that seems kinda janky to me. but if its all that works then i guess itll do but id rather spend the $$ on a yoke that takes the s10 joint
I think you will be fine with the conversion joint, if you were in town I would swap it for $90 done balanced out the door.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually the u joint on the front driveshaft of my truck fits into the yoke on the 9" but i know for sure that joint is smaller than the joint on the rear driveshaft. i figured it would be bigger too... neways how do i find out exactly what size the joint is?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts