Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a pirate vendor that makes a bracket to mount a York onto a 22re. There’s been a ton of talk about it, has anybody followed through? If not a pirate vendor, does somebody else sell them? I’ve been looking around, and have found the designs, but I’m a bit hesitant to give it a shot. Measuring to the 32nd of an inch isn’t on par with my fabrication skills and I’d rather pick up something that someone has worked out the details on if the price is reasonable. I don’t need to keep my existing A/C.

Here’s the design…
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=236027

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=2642612#post2642612

Thanks

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
If you have a drill press and a welder, it would not be that hard to make. If I were building it, I would build some adjustability into it. If you still do not feel you can build it, print the drawings, take them to a fabricator, and see how much they want for to build it.

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4RnrRick said:
I do know there are a couple different AC brackets for the 20/22R series motors. and its easier to install a york on a Carb model compared to the EFI model (which there are also two different models of those).
Anybody know which EFI model this bracket fits? What makes the install harder on a EFI vs. a carb?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4RnrRick said:
Its all in how you weld them together and the position of the compressor to the block.
Is the adjustability that OOP's outlines above enough to cover the problems you know of?

·
Registered
235 Posts
has anyone done this with AC.
i dont want to loose my AC but id like to have a york for air
the fabing i can do the idea im lost at

i know there was one built by some company awhile ago,even a pic of what it was would be a good help

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Cimmaron said:

i know there was one built by some company awhile ago,even a pic of what it was would be a good help
Here:

http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/4runner/oba/

·
Registered
515 Posts
BudBuilt sold a very few brackets that were supposed to allow you to add a York for compressed air and KEEP your Toyota compressor for air conditioning.

I bought one and there wasn't enough belt contact area to make the Toyota A/C pump work. I think that's why he quit making them.

However, I did use it on the Formula Toyota with a York only (no Toyota A/C pump) and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Cimmaron said:

ErikB has a great setup. I think OOPs linked to it. I bought 4RnrRick's setup and had some problems with it, so I ended up making my own bracketry using his old compressor. It uses the factory AC pump and a rotary York, which I think is basically a Sanden compressor.

Bracket

Rotary York for OBA

Factory AC Pump

More pictures and info here
http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
i made my bracket similar to what was posted above. it mounts off of a stock a/c bracket. i am still a bit leery about all that weight hanging off there. i ended up making mine a bit too low so my tensioner doesn't get the belt tight enough. i don't have a problem with it slipping it just rattles around a bit more than i like. i ended up turning a larger idler pulley on my lathe to take care of this but i still need to find a bearing that will fit. i haven't been in any big hurry because i am now seriously considering ditching the york and going to co2.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Todd C said:
BudBuilt sold a very few brackets that were supposed to allow you to add a York for compressed air and KEEP your Toyota compressor for air conditioning.

I bought one and there wasn't enough belt contact area to make the Toyota A/C pump work. I think that's why he quit making them.

However, I did use it on the Formula Toyota with a York only (no Toyota A/C pump) and it worked flawlessly.
Thanks for the heads up. I sent Bud a PM and an email and haven't heard back. One of these days I'll ditch all this modern technology and give him a call. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts