Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever mounted a York pump to a Surp belt Rover V8? How did you do it?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think I asked about this a little while back but I have still not seen one mounted on a serpentine belt Rover. When I was looking for a place to mount one up the other day the pickings were slim if non-existent, if your trying to retain your AC anyway. With out the AC compressor in there it would be fairly easy. I think I may try to make my own Oasis type compressor with a winch motor.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I am getting ready to mount a York compressor (for onboard air) to a 300Tdi, which has serpentine belts.

I will make an angled bracket to bolt to the engine using the existing air compressor mount. The York will mount to the right hand side of the air-con compressor.

An idler pulley will be required on the new bracket, to achieve suitable belt wrap around the existing air con clutch.

To convert the vee belt pulley to v-ribbed pulley, I will machine the vee grooves from the York clutch pulley so that a v-rib pulley can be mounted to it by shrink fit. In my case I need a 6" dia 4PK v-rib pulley (a 5 or 6PK will also fit).

I will wire the clutches so that the air-con clutch de-energises when the York clutch is energised.

·
Registered
573 Posts
you could go to www.kilbyenterprises.com and get a new pully for you altonator and run and v-belt. pully numbers 061-003 6 groove serp.belt and 066-004 8 groove serp. belt the cst is 55 dollars each..

the pully has both sept and v groove on it so you don't need to spend the money on the serp. for the york.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bush65 said:
To convert the vee belt pulley to v-ribbed pulley, I will machine the vee grooves from the York clutch pulley so that a v-rib pulley can be mounted to it by shrink fit. In my case I need a 6" dia 4PK v-rib pulley (a 5 or 6PK will also fit).
there are some Ford 302(5.0 liter) from the early 80's that had a serpentine belt york compressor pulley,I'm damn sure the pace car model Mustangs (1979 or 80) with 302's had 'em.I'd do some investigating before trying to make one.

·
Registered
897 Posts
dmay said:
there are some Ford 302(5.0 liter) from the early 80's that had a serpentine belt york compressor pulley,I'm damn sure the pace car model Mustangs (1979 or 80) with 302's had 'em.I'd do some investigating before trying to make one.
Thanks, I'm in Australia and don't have as much choice as you guys, but I'll have a look see what the Ford wreckers have.

I found a 24V serpentine clutch for a York, and thought I could swap the coil, but they are too different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts