Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it hold up? Heres the setup! Sidekick with 4.3v6 propane 350trany with yota tcase doubler with stock gears in one case and 4.7:1 in the other! Yota axles with 5.29s longfild shafts!!! How much am i goin to brake and how often! Im not hard in the throttle and only get 3~4 good trips a year on it!!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i know a guy that has 30 spline longs and is running 44 tsl's. he has been running on them for 3 years now with nothing breaking but a TRE. but in the end its all how you wheel

·
Registered
557 Posts
I see toyota's with 22re on 39.5's break outputs, a 4.3 is going to eat them....

·
Registered
602 Posts
Literally there's a thread in this section that says "yota axle on 39's"... Figure 3" inch taller tire will yeild the same results....

That being said, if you wheel like a jackass shit will break. If you want some skinny pedal/peace of mind go tons. I'm gonna run 40's on my toyota axles with complete confidence. Although I have a LC9.5" up front...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Byby doublers, you'll be doing 5.29's every trip (even cryoed) I would'nt go with anything bigger than 40's

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
This same question is prob asked once a week. Nobody can tell you for sure and if you put any thought into this you would have picked up on that. Why not run them and come back with some actual tech....

Oh btw Im gonna redline my motor repeatedly while its low on coolant- does anybody know if Ill blow a HG?:shaking:

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
I once knew a guy named Bill Brasky. Best wheeler I ever saw. He ran every trail west of the Mississippi on Toy axles and 44’s and never broke a thing. When his birfields began to show excessive wear, he shod his rig with 54” boggers and did every trail east of the Mississippi in reverse! His engine is currently being rebuilt but his axles are doing fine. Bill Brasky!!!!! :beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I ran 80 series yota axles with 42 irocs for yrs.. only smashed 1 diff centre, but broke rear axles and about 6 longfield inners and 3 outer longfield CVs and that was before i fitted rear steer...
After fitting rear steer i smashed every chromo axle avaliable , longfields, track asssins etc..
It will last but not for long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts