Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy of mine has an 85 x-cab yota on 39.5 boggers we bought a rearend on here from bones and today we took it wheeling for the first time and i got stuck in my jeep and we hooked a strap up to his truck and one small pull the pinion was sticking straight up and it spit the blocks out (5")
now i know tracktion bars would help but he had one before with 44 tsls set up the same way and never had a problem

now i know one thing we are going to change we are going to flip the u bolts where the nuts are on top of the spring in a plate so they cannot spread and loosen
any other help

who makes after market traction bars for yotas

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
1badmudderfudder said:
and it spit the blocks out (5")
Get rid of the blocks :shaking: :rainbow: Blocks are retarded. well, let me re-word that.

Blocks are fawking stupid. You're putting a huge lever arm where your entire truck applies all of its force, no wonder you're going to have a problem. Why don't you go buy some real springs :shaking:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
eeveryone knows i hate to agree but...............

BLOCKS SUCK!!!!!!!!!! AND ARE DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!! i never understood how anyone could look at a set of blocks under their truck and say; i'll drive that! :shaking:

·
Registered
280 Posts
you can get springs for cheaper than the traction bar. what you want is an anti-wrap arm to answer your question straight. Sky's extreme manufactures them. I got rid of my blocks (alcan springs now) and put on the anti-wrap arm as well. blocks are dangerous as hell when your wheeling!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
5 out of 7 PBBrs replied with BLOCKS SUCK

I think you have your answer :laughing:

Every experienced and successful builder/wheeler I have ever met would never run more than a 1" block.

Phil

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys ya i know the blocks are not the best thing, but he has ran this exact same set up with no problems. You know how ******** in Miss. are the cheaper the better, i personally have no blocks under anything i have jacked up.
I will have some pics up tomorrow of the oops.

and thanks again for the quick replies
Bruno

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
1badmudderfudder said:
thanks guys ya i know the blocks are not the best thing, but he has ran this exact same set up with no problems. You know how ******** in Miss. are the cheaper the better, i personally have no blocks under anything i have jacked up.
I will have some pics up tomorrow of the oops.

and thanks again for the quick replies
Bruno

well maybe the boggers are giving him the traction he diddnt have with the TSLs :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Rizon said:
blocks suck? i got something for ya

-1980 toyota long box
-40" gumbo monster mudders
-7" lift blocks FRONT and rear
-people tellin him to put a 350 in it
-and it rides on stock yota axles LOL

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/547171

cardomain..always good for a laugh.
That thing looks :rainbow: as hell. And why the hell jack up anything that much and not give it any extra flex. It rather sit on my dogs back a ride around the woods than drive that pos. Well either the dog or a Jeep, he he. I also bet he could not figure out why he broke his welded togeather, PUSH PULL steering shaft, dumb ass.

Git rid of you stupid blocks. They suck!

Adam

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
Sounds like we got someone here with a Thick Skull.....

ITS THE BLOCKS!

I actually broke some 2" blocks in half on my previous vehicle and comletely folded over the spring perches. Hence, it basically did the same thing. Ever since then - I don't run BLOCKS! And those were only 2" tall!

And PLEASE don't do this!!!!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
hehe i wheeled with a guy when i first got into this and he had 2" blocks in the back of his yota combined with 5" springs and ended up spitting them out the back. since then i have no desier to take the cheap way out with blocks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well here is a pic of what it did
http://www.pearlrivermuddawgs.com/images/Ridepics/lg_43_1603.jpg

if you want to se some more go to the website and check them out and dont worry the little jeep pulled him out and up a big ass hill i was prould of it since i just bought it for 1200 and all i did was put a battery in it

·
Registered
691 Posts
I had 3" blocks in the back of my truck, and i split them in half. sheared off my u-bolts, fucked up one leaf spring, one tire, my driveshaft, and the gas tank. I will NEVER run blocks again. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I cannot believe the idiots in this world !!!! 7" F'N BLOCKS?? jesus, those people should be put infront of a firing squad.

·
Registered
450 Posts
stock birfs with 40s ? hahaha somebody should tell him to weld the front...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts