Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yota Off-Road Racing's Ultra 4 Race Rig!

Well Ill start with a pic of my current buggy as most might not know me, but im sure at one point or another you have seen my old ProMod/ XRRA/ Ultra 4 wannabe/ Trail Rig over the past 5 years.

Like us at http://www.facebook.com/YotaOffRoadRacing

Our new buggy will be geared toward Ultra 4, Dirt Riot, ECORS, TREC Style of Racing, but wont rule out a Hill Killer event or any other local events in the South!

Check out our new build thread and tell us what you think. Hell most of my idea's come from this site so give me your feedback. The only thing ill claim to be good at is tearing shit up, and giving er hell!

Some quick spec on new buggy:

Tommy Glenn Chassis 1.75 X .188, 1.75 X .120, 1.5 x .120 DOM
2011 Toyota Tacoma Front Clip ( a lot bigger than I expected)
2006 SC 3.8 that will be modified with intercooler, cam, and other mods
700R4 Trans
Atlas with 2.0 Gears
Barnes 4wd Joints, Tabs, and Brackets
Carolina Driveline Shafts
Trail Gear 9 Housings
Yukon 5.43 LP 9 Spool Rear/Grizzly Front
SpiderTrax Pro Knuckels with SpiderTrax Arms
22 Gal Jaz Cell
PRP Podium Seats
KING 16" 2.5 CO Front 18" Travel
Trailing Arm Rear with 2.5 16" KING CO and 14" KING 2.5 3 Bypass Shocks. 20" travel
Trail Gear Brakes
TG Unit Hubs
Dual Odyssey Batteries
40" Maxxis Treps on Raceline Wheels

Our 2011 Tacoma Clip hope we can get this cut down and still look good.

Trail Gear Brake Setup Front & Rear

22 Jaz Cell with Artec Mount

TG Rear 65" WMS to WMS

Check out or Chassis Table build here :flipoff2: Its simple, level, and it works.

Our Sub frame is going to be very similar to the Miller build. My sub frame is probably deeper than most at 12", but wanted a higher capacity trans pan with the Atlas completler under a flat floor pan to keep interior as simple as possible.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Some Chassis Specs are:

110" Wheelbase
19" Belly
10" Up travel Front & Rear
Main Chassis is 56" Outside of tube
A & B pillars are 54" Outside of tube
Top of Cage will be 75" with 4.5" of clearance with Helmet on.

The last 3 pics are where we are at in the build as of now. The build will not be a crazy 2 month build. Tommy and I are working on it about 10 - 15 hrs a week as of now, but as more parts show up and more time frees up hopefully that will change.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly, plus my current rig has a 904 with 4.11 diffs and a 3.0 Stak. Top speed is about 64 in Low Range. With the 700 ill have a lower crawl ratio and top speed will be 90+ in Low Range.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you used to compete in WErock? I think I remember seeing your rig in Hannibal years ago
Yea we have been competing in old rig since 2008, and have always been competing in a bright green Toyota something since 2001!

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Yea we have been competing in old rig since 2008, and have always been competing in a bright green Toyota something since 2001!
great to see you with a new build. and I miss the green machine from the 07 we-rock season/spartanburg crawl

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Very nice, I wanted to put that front clip on my buggy but it was too wide.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Will be fun racing with you again!

·
Vendor
1,458 Posts
Nice start. I hope the headlights don't look to wide on the narrowed grill... Looking forward to seeing more progress.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Got a couple hours in tonight.

I really like the look so far. The roof and door bar have a 2 degree angle to them. The top of the roof is 46" outside of tube. My concern is the window area seems rather large. Its roughly 21" x 34" x 41". We talked about a double B pillar, but I really don't like the look of the Double B pillar. What are some of the bigger U4 Cars window net area?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Mines 24 tall, 34 at top and 37 at bottom.... and yea, It's big

1 - 20 of 86 Posts