Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Man, really? How many weeks has it been? Did you send your knuckles too or are you able to drive it?

12 weeks Wednesday. A friend is machining the knuckles for me so I still have them. I put the truck back together with regular high steer back in November so I could go to RBD.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Called morning and afternoon all week so far with no luck. This is getting ridiculous and I’m becoming impatient. Payment was taken 10/19/18. Could they possibly be on holiday still..?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The FB message has been showing read for two days and still no answer on the phone. From all I’ve read you would think these guys would be good to go, sure doesn’t seem that way.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I’ve opened up a dispute with the credit card company. I really would like to have these keyed steering arms as I love the design but it’s not going to happen. I will update as it unfolds more. Very disappointed to say the least.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

New steering box location. Drag link/tie rod clearance is much better. Flat pitman arm should be here tomorrow and with any luck my shocks will too.

Picked up my driveshaft from NAPA today. I swapped out the double cardan for a single ujoint. And fedrilled the tcase flange for the new yoke.

On the transfer case side I used a yoke from tcase side on a rear 89 ext. cab shaft.

Used tubing from the same ‘89 shaft. It measures .098 on my Pittsburg digital caliper. I set it up with 3.25” of splines showing, like this I needed ~1” of tubing.

Still a lot to do before hawk pride this weekend. We’ll be there fri-sun with 6 or 8 rigs. Anyone else going to hawk pride this weekend?

Edit: added shaft specs and pic
Did NAPA in Oxford build this driveshaft for you?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I finally got an email response from Front Range today from my November 17,2018 email. They said “I am actually waiting on bearings from their main supplier. We found a supplier, finally, who can offer the bearings (about double our cost)

We did just receive paperwork to cancel the order permanently, just verifying that is the case”

No update, answer or response for over 3 months until they get a letter from my credit card company. What a shit show. I told them cancel please. Anyone else have any experience with them?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts