Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yotanator Build

Ok so this truck was started 6-7 months ago by a friend of mine and I as a summer project I mostly just have before and after pics, as we where too busy working in the damn thing to take pics

UPDATED SPECS OF REBUILD OLD SPECS BELOW

42" Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar
4 link front and rear
Hydro Steer
Full Tube rear with exo and dovenosed front
Custom built fuel tank
5.7 Chevy TBI
Th700R4
Np203/205 ORD Doubler Setup
Ford 1 ton HP dana 60 Front
Sterling Rear

OLD SPECS
Specs(for now)
93 Toyota Pickup
22RE
Custom Flugged up flatbed(weighs as much as a freigh train)
'83 Front Axle with 4.10's and alot of trussing(not in pics we bent that one :flipoff2:)
'93 Rear Axle with 4.10's welded diff
TG 4" springs front with 5140 shocks
TG 5" springs rear with 5140 shocks (oh and fancy custom nonexistant bumpstops)
33" Bridgestone duelers on some shiny aluminum rims

Specs(for later)
Possible one tons but I am thinking for another truck so we will stick with toy running gear
5.29's all around
Detroit or similar locker up front
37" MTR's or IROK's
Full exo cage with flat bed that looks similar to (www.purenissan.com)

And now for the pics
The 1250 dollar turd we started with 93k on odo

[img[http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/8/l_9e26e274d6a6498d9575c240c5ff2d6d.jpg[/img]

Bout the only progress pics I have (of the flatbed)

just for the record those holes in the front of the bed where patched

·
nice roach.
5,722 Posts
looks good gents, simple rig, nothing crazy, money spent on good parts where it counts... nice build. :D

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actully like the bumper:D
looks like a clean enough build, don't look hokey, no ratty looking fab work
cool
Thanks, nothin I hate more than lookin at a truck and thinkin sweet than you go in for a closer look and its really poorly pieced together!

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be the florence OR dunes, my friends 450 is in that pick he isthe co owner of the truck unfortuantely my baby a blue raptor 700 that puts out 53 hp at the rear wheels is not in the pic

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly couldn't tell you but its heavy enough that the two of us couldn't move it more than a few feet so quite a bit it sits pretty level with the 5" springs in rear but I would guess somewhere around 400 lbs

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well small update, front axle housing number two is bent have to pull it and take it to the co-owners uncle who salvages cars for a living, but yesterday we cleaned up the interior installed a stereo and fixed our climate controls and removed the 4 different kinds of speaker wires, the parts store cheapie tach that didn't work, and the two different cb hookups that where still live and wired directly to the barrery, the dash looks infinitely better. also picked up some doorhandles at the junkyard and tore the locks appart to make our key fit, its not perfect but I don't think other keys should work with it. I will try and get some pics tuesday night. btw does anyone happen to know the routing of the rear brake light wire? ours is broken at the switch behind the pedal and I can't find the rest of the wire with the exception of at the back of the truck.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well its been busy lately with girl school and what not, but we finally got around to straightening the axle housing, shafts slide in beautifully now, will have pics tomorrow of some shitty little guseets I made to hopefully help a little bit with the bending, but in all honesty, I don't think they will do shit now that I put them on, also have vid of the jump that bent housing (you can actually see its bent when he jumps it this was the second jump)
Also got a 2wd parts truck for a hundred bucks that a friend robbed the motor out of, I got the doors and various interior pieces, and a complete spare set of glass, so we now have a complete interior with the exception of one door panel, and kick panels which is nice, and I have started work on half doors, although I have no idea when I will have time to finish them.

The axle straightening setup we used, thats a 12 ton jack and some very beefy 3/8's chain

That is the broken very beefy 3/8's chain, we also had to make a custom bracket to cup the housing to keep it from denting, in short some 2.5 inch angle iron welded to flat stock, no pics

The video, other owner was driving the truck, his girlfriend was running the camera

Nother shot I haven't posted yet

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got it all pieced back together and took er out on the other owners property to make sure everything is ready for the dunes next weekend

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well heres an update the truck now sits as a frame and a cab with a 5.7 TBI v8 sitting next to it ready for a swap as well as a D44 front and 12 bolt rear to throw under it for some full width goodness, going to be fabbing up some nice axle trusses and such I will have teardown pics up sometime tomorrow night.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Alright here are the previously promised pics, worked on tearing the complete dash out of the donor truck for the wiring harness as we are planning to pull the toy harness for a sammy tub we have laying around that we may or may not throw the toyota running gear in, of course we will need a new front axle to do so, but still an idea.

PICS

Ummmmm or not I'll attach the main ideas but photobucket appears to be down for maintenance

Ok well that doesn't want to work either so I will try and get to it tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

How it looked in the AM (pulled hood and radiator night before)

The Shop, donor truck on lift

Front clip met Mr. Sawzall the frame will too in favor of some heavier wall square or rect tube

Bye bye toyota powertrain go sit in the corner

How is sits now

Thanks to the crew that helped(ones missin) Matt, me, Luke(other owner), Alex Hill, And my younger bro

1 - 20 of 204 Posts