Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
DAMN! I thought you guys were talking about a remake of the AMC Gremilin.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya it is old

ya i heard about it a long time ago too but i figured it would spark some good solid vs independent discussions. personally im undecided.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool. It is similar to and idea I have had kicking around my head.

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
Re: ya it is old

cheROCKee said:
ya i heard about it a long time ago too but i figured it would spark some good solid vs independent discussions. personally im undecided.

UHHHHH independant clearly sucks on the rocks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like it too

i think its a pretty slick setup and for independent suspension its pretty nice being that it has lots of clearance (portal hubs) and looks like it has a super low center of gravity and if it rolled it looks like it would roll right back onto its tires. what do the new independent suspension buggys perform like in the comps for all you competition goers? i dont really get how independent would be a good thing in all but a very few situations in rockkrawling but im not an expert either.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Yeah what Tracy said, Me Ill stick with my solid axles, but its a hell of a good way to be light weight, Shanon did it in the front in the caddy, but now he has a new rig, back to tera 60 in the front:confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok explanation?

ok i guess i get the unsprung weight thing the weight over here counteracts the weight over here and good flex keeps the body and chassis straight while the tires and rolling stock go all over the place but why exactly is a locked independents suspension setup so bad?

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Re: ok explanation?

cheROCKee said:
ok i guess i get the unsprung weight thing the weight over here counteracts the weight over here and good flex keeps the body and chassis straight while the tires and rolling stock go all over the place but why exactly is a locked independents suspension setup so bad?
Say that again in english. My "Yoda" filter isn't working today...

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I thought that his rig was made out of SQUARE tube? Did he redo it? :confused: I seem to recall this coming up when Mossberg and 408_Jigga were arguing with everyone about round vs. square tubing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts