Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but didnt find another thread on this topic so lets start one. Rules are favorite single gun. Pistol, rifle, scattergun, DD, whatever. Evil black or vintage wood. Whether you got it from your grandpa or bashed in someone face with it, everyone has a favorite, and I wanna see em. So I'll start.

Mine is a Winchester pre-64 model 70 in .30-06. It was my grandfathers, but he died when I was three. He killed shit with it all over canada and alaska, as well as more Texas whitetails and pigs than all the cars on I35. My grandmother showed me a newspaper article about a trip to Alaska where he dropped it at some point and broke the scope. They didnt have tools to remove the scope and somehow got into a situation where he took a 200 yard potshot at a dall sheep that was running away and hit it in the back to the head.

More recently, I have killed enough shit with it in my short life to never questions its ability to lay out anything in the 1000 lbs and under class. My most notable kills have been a bull nilgai when I was 16 and a blue wildebeest bull (pictured) when I was 19. Both were around 700 lbs on the hoof. The nilgai took one shot to the heart and the wildebeest took two shots to the chest and one up the ass. I love this gun.

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
Tokarev SVT-40.

Looks cool, shoots accurately, louder than hell, ALWAYS turns heads at the range, and it was probably there when Berlin fell.

·
Registered
15,131 Posts
They are tools. I don't really have a favorite. It could be my ruger, it could be my bushy, it could be my side-by-side.

:shrug: They all serve different purposes.

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Currently my favorite is a 7.62x39 AR I built, but I am sure it will change next week with another aquiitions of some kind :laughing:

Since I am selling the AR now, I havent decided my fav this week is the .17 HMR Savage.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Not a single particular one, but the style in general. I just love shooting them.

Though I have to admit I am starting to really fall in love with the FALs. Its getting hard to build them and turn around and sell them :(

Pete

·
Registered
7,533 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine right now is my Glock 21SF. Probably one of the most comfortable pistols I've shot in my limited (so far) experience. This'll probably change once I get my FAL up and running, though....

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
but the rest of the children in the safe would feel unloved if I just picked one :laughing:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Ruger mk.ii 22/45 since it is so cheap and accurate enough it gets shot every time, regardless of what else I bring to the range.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Mine would be my Browning A-5 12 guage. Handed down from my grandpa, to my dad, to me. I've killed doves, quail, pheasant, and deer with it. Its no safe queen, but it handles and shoots like an extension of my body.

·
Registered
39,918 Posts
I don't have a pic, but it's identical to this one:

It's a Browning .22 that I bought from my Grandpa for $20 when I was about 15 or so. It's short, it's a breakdown version, and it's the most accurate .22 I've ever owned. I've probably put more rounds through it than all of my other guns combined. :D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts

MEGA 9mm lower SBR.
RRA Upper Blowback
TROS 5.5" HK3 lug BBL
MP-5 Hider
YHM Pistol FF
STAG LPK + DPMS smooth hammer
Haun drop in block
Aimpoint M2
VLTOR stock