Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I have different guns, but my favorite happens to be my Father in Law's old SKB over and under. English stock made of select walnut, 12 ga, 26" barrels, and can balance on a pin. That thing is like an extension of my body.

It's a good thing I don't own that gun. They'd have to end dove season early for the rest of you...;)

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
it is hard to pick just one but i think this is my current favorite.

hs precision htr in .300 win mag
nightforce nsx 3.5-15 mildot scope
nightforce rings
hs precision base
turner sling
harris br-s bipod

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I one have one :( But I do love it. More to be coming in the next few months.

·
Registered
'73 Scout
10,460 Posts
I could say my fav is the one Im using at the time but thats kinda counter the idea of the thread so......

Id have to say the one I always seem to go back to is a .50 T/C Hawken that Ive had since ~'76.

Nothin' magical about it except the mojo bead danglin' from the guard.
Plain jane walut stock, fixed sights using a silver blade front and a nice piece of hickory for the rod.

Its been used fer deer, squirrels (the edible type) and more than a few 'vous competitons...

As we say in partin at the 'vous "Keep yer powder dry and watch yer top knot",
D.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I think my favorite at this time is my SV in .40 cal. Looks a lot like this one:

The only differences are mine has a stainless slide. Shoots like a dream.

The next in line would have to be my EBR. I can not find a picture of it right now. Basically, Evolution barrel on EGW upper, accuracy speaks rail with Trijicon 1.25-4 accupoint, JP trigger and stock, arredondo magwell (unless I am shooting the beta-c mag, then the magwell comes off).

All my other children are crying now, thanks....

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I think my favorite at this time is my SV in .40 cal. Looks a lot like this one:

The only differences are mine has a stainless slide. Shoots like a dream.

The next in line would have to be my EBR. I can not find a picture of it right now. Basically, Evolution barrel on EGW upper, accuracy speaks rail with Trijicon 1.25-4 accupoint, JP trigger and stock, arredondo magwell (unless I am shooting the beta-c mag, then the magwell comes off).

All my other children are crying now, thanks....

Thats a nice looking pistol, where can I find more info on her?

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
My favorite is my LeMat. 'Barely serves a purpose because I will never fire it but it serves as my Confederate officer's sidearm at Civil War Re-Enactments. Nine shot revolver with shotgun barrel beneath pistol barrel. Heavy as all hell.

I've never even attempted to put black powder or caps in it. But it's a sight to behold. I can't imagine having someone point one at me.

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
My favorite is my LeMat. 'Barely serves a purpose because I will never fire it but it serves as my Confederate officer's sidearm at Civil War Re-Enactments. Nine shot revolver with shotgun barrel beneath pistol barrel. Heavy as all hell.

I've never even attempted to put black powder or caps in it. But it's a sight to behold. I can't imagine having someone point one at me.
Repro or the real deal? LeMats are friggin cool.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Thats a nice looking pistol, where can I find more info on her?
www.sviguns.com

I do not know if they will have all the info on her.
She has a stainless slide and lower (except of course the combat tupperware grip with anodized aluminum shavings for grip), tri-glide trigger group (stainless ball-bearing on all contact point of trigger, sear, and spring. Forgive me if I am drawing a blank on the name of the spring...I must be dumb), Scheumann titanium nitride coated AET (accuracy enhancing technology) barrel.
This barrel has varied width lands and gain twist rifling. This is where the lands start off at about 1:16 and gradually increase to 1:9 (I think that is the final rifling twist). The titanium nitride coating allows this barrel to be shot 10x as much as a normal barrel because it decreases wear from copper plated bullets. I will also say that this gun shoots about 75-100 fps faster than my edge with identical loads. I used an RCBS rock chucker and handloaded (I do not suggest this) 200 rounds with exact powder, cases, and bullets (+/- .5 grains) and the Schueman barreled gun was faster.
This gun shoots about .08 seconds faster than my Edge (STI) on my splits. I am not sure about anymore info that you may want on her, but I have given as much pertinent info as I can and not burden you. I gave you all the juicy stuff, but I can give you some bland if you are interested.

Oh, one more. I paid $2600 for this gun. My wife about shot me with it because I did not talk to her before hand. So, she went out and bought a $2500 horse without asking me. I thinks I learned my lesson. I buy parts of guns now because she can not buy pieces of horse. Well, she can, and I will BBQ them!

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Repro or the real deal?
Mine is the Italian repro. It seems to be a very good quality job. In the book "LeMat-The Man, The Gun", there are obviously several pictures of all of the different models and a beautiful, unscathed version like mine sticks out like a sore thumb in comparison.

If it WAS an original, I wouldn't take it to re-enactments. I'd probably have it locked away as a financial safety net.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Uhm, my favorite gun to shoot that I own is uhm, well don't laugh now. My Walther P22.

It just ranks too high on the fun to shoot/cost per round ratio for any of my other guns to beat it out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My favorite gun to shot in my small collection is the Glock G36.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
my fav s one I have fired many times, but none in the last 18 years...

original Winchester model 1886 in 40-82 caliber...yep 40 cal...

steel crescent buttplate, full octagon bbl, flip up sights with lollipop front...sweet shooter...was passed from my dads great uncle to him, then to me..I have several boxes of original BP ammo for it and several hundred smokeless reloads as well.
this is one I will never sell and one that you KNOW you fired a rifle after touching one off.

I also have a P22 suppressed that has nearly 100K rds thru her...everyone loves to shoot it.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts