Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
The usmcdoc14 built reverse zombie camo'd ar-15.
The rifle itself is a good shooter so far, but I mostly like the zombie camo.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Hey I've come to have a liking to that rifle right there and read a few articles on it. Pretty sweet rig minus only have 3 shot mag for the .300 win mag and .338 Lapua.

I'm thinking I need a .300 win mag and I'm wondering where did you pick yours up and roughly how much should I expect to pay? .8 MOA out of the box with crap ammo sounds amazing especially because I will be making my own ammo for it
i ordered mine from "one eyed jack's". i think their ad was in shotgun news. i knew exactly what i wanted and was about ready to order one from hs precision and wait for it to be built. one eyed jack's had exactly what i wanted in stock. the rifle was about $2300 a couple years ago when i got it. i thought i saw a price on one recently for $2800 but am not positive. i think you can get higher capacity mags for them, i know you can with the short action.

i just yahoo searched for one eyed jack's and couldn't find anything about the shop. i know he was based out of reno or sparks nevada. i have met him a couple times at the reno gun shows years ago.

edit: i saw "one eye jacks" at the reno gun show yesterday.

i don't see a web site but here is the contact info from his business card:

one-eyed jacks
machine guns, assault weapons & accessories

scott mills (775)851 1081

mail/shipping
18124 wedge pkwy #103
reno, nv 89511

e-mail (better to call)
[email protected]
ffl/sot class III

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hard for me to pick one...I only own 3 rifles so ill just write a lil about each:

Carcano 6.5: I really like this one...maybe even more then my other two. Its the most accurate outta my collection even with the PATHETIC sights on it, and has a nice enjoyable recoil. Not so much a plinker but it will be my deer rifle next season.

Type 53 m44: First rifle i ever owned..Put alot of rounds through it. Always a favorite at the shooting spots. It was fairly accurate when I got it but seems to be degrading more and more. I may have the barrel re-crowned.

Saiga .308 win: This is my latest acquisition, and probably the most fun to shoot. It is pretty accurate, and for a "self loading hunting carbine" puts out the lead with the best of em....it is a Ak variant after all. 20 round fbmg mags will be ordered soon.

EDIT: 12/2 - Picked up a ruger 10/22 today w/ butler creek folding stock and a few 25rd steel lipped butler creek mags...nothing like burning through 1000 rounds sitting in bed of your pickup with a lawnchair and a cool drink for less then 50 bucks including cool drinks ;p Think i have my new favorite plinker.

My father also has some funs i'll probably inherit at some time, a few of which that he inherited from his father.

7-30 waters: scoped, only been fired about 20 times in its life...I fired it maybe 10 times just recently and found it to be a fairly accurate rifle... ill take a nice buck with it someday

Ithaca model 37 20 ga. : Beautiful shotgun.. The action is nice, it fires nice, just something about holding it and sighting it isnt up my alley. Perhaps after i do some more skeets with it this weekend ill like it more. Im probably just way too used to the .410

Savage break action .410: My fathers first gun...20$ in 1964 or so that grandad forked out. I absolutely LOVE this thing. Its the first gun i ever fired, and I have taken down more skeets and partridge then i can count. I never seem to miss with this old reliable shooter.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Guess my favorite everyday gun would be my S&W model 60 in .357 magnum. Been my 24/7/365 gun since the month they came out with them in the magnum.
Next to that would have to be my1917 enfield in 30-06 that was given to me by my Grandfather. That one has put alot of meat on the table.
But then again maybe it is the Remington model 51 in .380 though it has not been out of the safe in years, has a broken extractor and I have never been able to find a replacement for it:(

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
guys......I am wondering what's the feeling about killing such a huge wild animal... ( see first pict)....where were you?
South Africa. For lack of a better description, it was badass:D

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
2 of 'em

1 is my Grandfathers winchester 1893 shotgun. He got drunk on a duck hunt and killed about 4" of barrel with mud. Otherwise, perfect shape except for wear from years of killing birds and such.

2 is my Star modelo Super. I attached a pic of a nice one. Mine looks like it was throw out of a moving van. :laughing: We are working on it now and it should be redone in guncoat fairly soon. Most fun I've had with a 9mm yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
I gotta go with Aloharover......1911. It just feels natural in my hand, and I love shooting a .45 over anything else. I shoot it well too, which is a big bonus. :p

·
Premium Member
46,291 Posts
I also love the 1911s. they just feel like they belong in your hand.

I really liked my buddy's Delta Elite. 10mm 1911.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I also love the 1911s. they just feel like they belong in your hand.

I really liked my buddy's Delta Elite. 10mm 1911.
I loved one of my Kimbers (the one that I kept) and hated the other (Which I traded for a new Glock 23C with an extra non ported barrel).

The 1911 is awesome. I shoot my Glock at work and since then, all I really like to shoot is Glock and AR. The more I practice with those, the more confident I am on duty.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
My favorite gun, strangely enough, is one that I've never fired. I'm not "ready" for it yet. It's my father's Parker SxS 12 gauge. It was oringally owned by James Van Zandt. It's the ultimate in grouse guns.
The one that I do get to use is my grandfather's pre-64 model 70 30-06. He killed many whitetails (and a bear) with it. My dad had a pre-war model 70 30-06; he bought it for $50 in 1961(ish).

61 - 75 of 75 Posts