Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 37 X 13 X 15

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Given your moderate lift, I would suggest the 35x14.5x15's unless your trimming is major then go with the 37's.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I'd say that it isn't the lift that dictates the tire size but the axle you are running. Unless you're going to go with Warn's and CTM's and keep your head out of your ass while driving, 35's will still play havoc on stock shafts. If you go with 35's or larger and like to wheel (I assume you do if you're going boggers) then I'd weld the caps as well.

-Jack

·
KY Mtn Crawler
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. The reason I was leaning towards running 37's is that I hate to buy tires more than once. By this time next year I will Like to be upgaded to a 60 front or maybe a custom 9"
Our local bronco guru is running the 16 X 35 X 15's and he is locked in the front end. He breaks stuff often but his driving still is different than mine. My front more than likely will be open till summer and then I may not lock it.
Now if I run a 60 front with 10" longer wheelbase will the 37's be adequate?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Shoope1 said:
I have a very healthy 302. And not to forget I have power steering.
But what tranny and diff gears do you have? Even a healthy 302 is going to have trouble spinning 37's with 3.50 gears

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Shoopster, not buying tires over and over is a good thing and saves money. I'm selling my 38's which is the 3rd set of new tires that I'm selling in about 2 years.

I'd say if you're going to 60's, get a 17" wheel/tire combo and go AT A MINIMUM 37's. With 37's you'll be close to dragging your diff with 60's.

The 435 will help the off-road performance with the gearing. But you're going to have some on-road issues, especially on hills and such.

Good luck man!

-Jack

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I was running 38" SX's and they held up. But you have to drive smart. Anything will break! But I'd say that the CTM's and Warns will hold up to the 37's for the average wheeler if you keep your head about you.

-Jack

·
Registered
332 Posts
tire size

i too am running 38" sx's and was worried about front diff failures (d44 warn inner/outer, ctm's) with tires this big. i run a stock 302 so not alot of hp but i also try(TRY) to drive clean so i hope i can get away with the 38's. good to hear it can live after spending mucho dineero on fancy parts.:(

·
Registered
585 Posts
Why would you run anything larger than a 32 w/o a locked front? I would definately lock the front and make sure you have the gears for your new tires.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I am running 37'S with warns and CMT's 4.88 and a real healthy 351 EFI. 3" body and 5 1/2" suspention. Also I am running the large flairs from WH.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts