Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
2,093 Posts
Nevada is cash and carry. Gun shows are considered the same as a private sale if you buy from a private party. I BELIEVE gun shops still do background checks at them but I've never purchased from a gun shop at a gun show.

They keep trying to pass mandatory background checks here but thankfully it dies. I, and a LOT of people I know, would use a background check on a private party transaction if it was free or maybe 10-20 bucks. The last bill said the shops could charge a fee on top of the NCIS fee. If I could go to the Sheriff's office and have it done free at a kiosk or something that would be used for every sale.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Nevada is cash and carry. Gun shows are considered the same as a private sale if you buy from a private party. I BELIEVE gun shops still do background checks at them but I've never purchased from a gun shop at a gun show.

They keep trying to pass mandatory background checks here but thankfully it dies. I, and a LOT of people I know, would use a background check on a private party transaction if it was free or maybe 10-20 bucks. The last bill said the shops could charge a fee on top of the NCIS fee. If I could go to the Sheriff's office and have it done free at a kiosk or something that would be used for every sale.
Background check bills, as proposed by antis, have nothing, NOTHING to do with keeping guns out of the wrong hands and have EVERYTHING to do with making it more difficult for everyone to buy or sell a gun, simple as that. They also want that super-convenient registration created by the 4473 forms.

Funny thing about it though...if I'm going to have to go through the hassle of getting a BGC and having a 4473 form filed then I am WAY more likely to just go buy a new gun from a retail outlet since the price will likely be about the same when all is said and done and I know the condition will be what I expect.

Universal registration...er...background checks=explosive growth in new firearms sales.

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
For the fourth or fifth time in this thread: since they are federally licensed they need to follow federal law and do a fucking background check no matter what the venue.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts