Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get my son a new atv but there alot of different ones out there. It doesn't matter to me if it's a generic one or not as long as the price is right but I don't want to spend big money one right now, one because this will be his first one so who knows how long even a really good one will last, two, will he even enjoy it (probably, but who knows) three, if he does get into it he will have outgrown it in a year or two and then i'd spend the money on a higher end quad. Now my question, which one would you buy as far as bang for your buck goes? Safety is of utmost concern. Reliability next. Power and speed don't matter at all on this purchase. Looking in the 50-90 cc range.

·
Registered
733 Posts
well you should definately look into a used machine, preferably a name brand(kawasaki, suzuki, or honda) they will cost you less money and headache in the long run. you did not mention his age but i would go with the larger machine. you can govern it down now and speed it up as he advances. before you buy anything at all i would find someone with a childs quad that you could let him ride or find an adult quad and ride him on it to see if he even likes it. you will regret buying ANYTHING if it sits around collecting dust. if you decide to go the chinese quad route then i guess kymco, eton, and alpha sports are the lesser of the evils but as stated i would buy a name brand machine. they are safer and more reliable. plus if something does happen it is alot easier to get parts for them. make sure you at least get him a helmet and as he speeds up i would look into a chest protector and a good set of boots.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts