Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m kind of at a loss for words I had a hub go bad and ordered some brand new Yukon, Dana 60 hubs everything matched up everything installed properly. Everything fits great. I go to put the tire on in the hub is too thick for the wheels?? Any Ideas?
Rim Automotive tire Carbon Composite material Gas
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Rim

Automotive tire Gas Engineering Rim Cylinder
Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Grille Hood

· Premium Member
541 Posts
Well you’re trying to put a 6 lug wheel on an 8 lug hub. So there is that.
Lmfao. Once you get that wheel close enough to go on the studs what's your plans on getting them on the studs?

8 studs into 6 holes will be fun to watch, please film it so we can watch

should be wrenching or wheeling but here I be

· Registered
593 Posts
Lmfao. Once you get that wheel close enough to go on the studs what's your plans on getting them on the studs?

8 studs into 6 holes will be fun to watch, please film it so we can watch

should be wrenching or wheeling but here I be
Christ. I should've looked closer!!!!!! That's some funny shit right there.
I literally, just now, saw the 8 lugs, and the 1/2ton 5 or 6 lug rim. I assumed it was a conversion hub! Lmfao!!!!!!!!

O.P. : weld them rims to the hubs, that'll work just had good.

· Registered
449 Posts
Everything fits great. I go to put the tire on in the hub is too thick for the wheels??
8 lug Chevy wheels never fit 8x6.5 Fords and many Dodges because the hub holes for the wheels are too small.

Assuming this is not a cursed metric bolt pattern which is hub centric, to use those hubs you are going to need wheels for an older Ford 8x6.5. Personally I would measure the hubs and made sure my wheel I chose had a hub hole at least .125 bigger and used acorn nuts and if an alloy wheel had steel inserts.

For a 1985 F-350

Black Rock Series 942 Type D Matte Black Wheels 942688045
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/.../model/f-350/submodel/base/year/1985#overview

Lug Nut Seat Style: Conical seat - 60 degree
Hub Centric Ring Compatible: No
Center Bore Diameter (in.): 5.15

Most older Fords have a 50/50 back spacing, how that works with your Chevy, I do not know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts