Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are these holding up for everyone? Any issues yet? Breakage? They have been out for a while now figured someone might have found the breaking point?

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I've yet to unlock them much since putting them on my buggy. Done all sorts of stupid stuff and no breakage yet:grinpimp:

Only grip is they are not easy to unlock but maybe I have an assymbly issue ?

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
I've yet to unlock them much since putting them on my buggy. Done all sorts of stupid stuff and no breakage yet:grinpimp:

Only grip is they are not easy to unlock but maybe I have an assymbly issue ?
Though I dont own a set of these, a buddy on here says the same thing about the lock/unlocking of them. Pretty much vice grip style to make the lockouts move from what I was told. I guess thats better than dealing with a broken hub often and being able to have the select-ability?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've had mine be hard to unlock also, but it seemed to be because they were still loaded. So if i just let my rig roll alittle bit with the T-case in 2H then they turn just fine. Also if the cap screws are too tight or the O-ring around the dial isn't greased then they dont turn easy either.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Running them on my JK. Hard to unlock, and you need 4 hands to install them. On the set I got, the spring diameter was bigger than the puck diameter, which made it a bitch to slide it all in at once.

The puck itself is about half the thickness of most drive flange pucks, but they have been holding up great so far, much better than the Warns and MMs I was breaking all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
I've had them on my dd/wheeler front 60 since they were first released.

I have zero problems with them unlocking, but I unlock them after I have the truck in 2wd when I'm getting ready to get back in the main roads. Weird you guys are having problems.

I also run 5" bs trailreadys so the hubs see plenty of abuse. I used to run 6" bs dodge wheels and with those the hubs really stuck out. Plenty of abuse by my driving style and just from them sticking out and getting bashed on the rocks.

I am 110% satisfied with them.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Installed mine, one person, lock and unlock like butter. Make sure u follow directions and grease the piss outta them when installing. Also seriously torque the last allen bolts to 12lbs or whatever it was. too tight will cause them to be a bitch to turn. Haven't wheeled it yet , but I don't see them bein a weak point

·
Registered
481 Posts
Love mine. They are tough to unlock at times. Make sure you grease the shit out of everything including the dial o ring. 2 wheel drive and rocking the rig a little helps with unlocking. 4 hands makes install much easier

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Love mine too ran them with 47's and now 40" stickies.

Once you install them it all makes since, as to why they are so strong

Also when mine are hard to unlock I put the rig in 2wd and drive 20-30' and then the hubs turn like butter

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Yall need to make some "manual hub tools" like I made for my g/f for her Tacoma...

just get the biggest pvc T that will index the hub and grind 2 notches in it.

Here's a random pic i found

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mine were really stiff when I first put them together, pulled them back apart and oiled (used Rotella) the inside of the hub dials (while turning them back and forth). They turn very easy now, however it does have to be in 2wd to unlock easy...

·
P.B.A.
4,337 Posts
Mine were really stiff when I first put them together, pulled them back apart and oiled (used Rotella) the inside of the hub dials (while turning them back and forth). They turn very easy now, however it does have to be in 2wd to unlock easy...
Bumping this got mine back together this weekend they were a pain to turn. Pushed the dial out of the bezel a thin layer of grease between the two and turn very easy now.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts