Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am runing Yukon inners and outers with Spidertrax knuckles and C's. I'm having 2 issues. One, the inners are rubbing inside the C's. I am running delron bushings instead of needle bearings. Still seems to be more slop in the stub than I would guess there should be. I've read that Yukon shafts are bigger in diameter than most and clearancing may be required. Thoughts?

Second, the outer stubs do not a groove for a spiral lock. Therefore if I decided to run a needle bearing there is nothing to hold the seal tight against the unit bearing. The "reputable" company whom I got my axles from said that on the unit bearing style stub shafts you do not need the spiral locks. The u-joints hold everything centered. Thoughts?

Any advice or reassurance would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I am runing Yukon inners and outers with Spidertrax knuckles and C's. I'm having 2 issues. One, the inners are rubbing inside the C's. I am running delron bushings instead of needle bearings. Still seems to be more slop in the stub than I would guess there should be. I've read that Yukon shafts are bigger in diameter than most and clearancing may be required. Thoughts?

Second, the outer stubs do not a groove for a spiral lock. Therefore if I decided to run a needle bearing there is nothing to hold the seal tight against the unit bearing. The "reputable" company whom I got my axles from said that on the unit bearing style stub shafts you do not need the spiral locks. The u-joints hold everything centered. Thoughts?

Any advice or reassurance would be much appreciated.
Mine have been rubbing for 5 years.

Mine have never had spiral locks, c clips, or anything else on them in 5 years.

You are fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts