Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have firsthand experience running the Yukon Super Joints in snow at higher RPM's? I have a set ready to install but several buddies who looked into them decided they were concerned about the joints overheating since most snow wheeling involves higher wheel speed with rapid back and forth wheel movement.

My initial thought is 1. It's cold out so they will have more opportunity to cool and 2. If properly lubed prior to run, they should stay running smooth and cool.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Anyone have firsthand experience running the Yukon Super Joints in snow at higher RPM's? I have a set ready to install but several buddies who looked into them decided they were concerned about the joints overheating since most snow wheeling involves higher wheel speed with rapid back and forth wheel movement.

My initial thought is 1. It's cold out so they will have more opportunity to cool and 2. If properly lubed prior to run, they should stay running smooth and cool.
Plenty run them in U4 type conditions. They are fine, grease more frequently if you are worried about it

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Plenty run them in U4 type conditions. They are fine, grease more frequently if you are worried about it
Yep... we run them at high speed with less maintenance than we should! Grease them regularly and they'll be great for snow wheeling. I doubt you will break one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts