Pirate 4x4 banner
141 - 160 of 242 Posts

·
Vendor
11,822 Posts
Can anyone comment on the air locker that was displayed at SEMA by an overseas (not Australia ;)) company this past year. They were in the off-road hall, along I beleive the west wall towards the north end? Any relation to the company now building these for Yukon?
I believe the one you are reffering to is the one ARB tested in the video from Soong4x4 I believe.

I believe the case is made in India and China. I believe the spiders are made in India and the rest of the internals are all made and assembled here in the states.

·
Vendor
3,706 Posts
Very cool to see a new player on the block. Competition is never a bad thing, it makes people step up and improve. Case in point, compare the RDB-050 from Baileigh with JD2 or Pro-tools. A better product can always be built. Maybe this will make ARB rethink some of their products and improve designs, price more competitive, come up with new offerings, etc

I know ARB themselves has improved some designs over the years addressing issues, failures, etc (i.e. my old ARB D44 locker). All bashing aside, this is a great thing.

Wayne, thanks for the great write-up on the other thread on the product install.
Well said Gui

·
Vendor
11,822 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
While we are at it then. I see all the talk of a difference between Yukon and Randy's, are they not in fact owned by one in the same person? To bill them off as two seperate companies is a bit misleading no?

(before someone asks, I've been a Randy's dealer longer than most so my intentions are purely curiousity ;))

·
Vendor
11,822 Posts
i do believe i have stated i would preffer the manufacturer to release such info.

and i'm sure you have been told where they are made.
I've already posted that info. With your last post, you make it sound like I'm wrong or you know more. So enlighten us.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ok.....................................

>> the components for the Zip Lockers and Grizzly Lockers are produced in India and in the US. However, even the
>> components produced in India are manufactured to our strict standards.
>> Part of the reason for our fairly new Quality lab is to test specific
>> components for hardness, composition, as well as tolerance. We all know
>> that many of these are new components, and will be under a lot of
>> scrutiny from the 4x4 world.

from an e-mail.

·
Vendor
11,822 Posts
ok.....................................

>> the components for the Zip Lockers and Grizzly Lockers are produced in India and in the US. However, even the
>> components produced in India are manufactured to our strict standards.
>> Part of the reason for our fairly new Quality lab is to test specific
>> components for hardness, composition, as well as tolerance. We all know
>> that many of these are new components, and will be under a lot of
>> scrutiny from the 4x4 world.

from an e-mail.

But yes, regardless of place of manufacture, Yukon is inspecting components brought in way before the item is assembled or sold. So it doesn't matter where it's made, it still has to meet their strict specs or it won't be sold. That goes for anything under the Yukon, Randy's, HardCore (used to be Warn) or USA Standard lines.

·
Vendor
11,822 Posts
Bump*

This thread is useless without some real world results! F' a lab test, who wants to man up and be our guinea pig? Anyone buy one yet? http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=8137
You're late... Lots of them already out on the trails getting beat to hell and I haven't heard of any issues yet. The ones I've installed here, are still being ran as well. Can't get any more real than that :shrug:

·
Vendor
11,822 Posts
should see the video I saw today from ARB.
And?

My ARB locker in the front of my Jeep failed this weekend - Before the Yukon shafts! :homer:

Everything can break....No amount of testing is the tell all and neither is some video you can't even share. But thanks for sharing :flipoff2:

·
Registered
84 Posts
And?

My ARB locker in the front of my Jeep failed this weekend - Before the Yukon shafts! :homer:

Everything can break....No amount of testing is the tell all and neither is some video you can't even share. But thanks for sharing :flipoff2:
You must have saw the same one I did, or heard about it seeings how I didnt say anything about it, good or bad.:skull:

141 - 160 of 242 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.