Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 93 ZJ and its been stalling wicked randomly over the last 6 months. It'll shut off when i'm stopped, when i'm driving, or it'll start for a second and then just stall out but the really crappy part is there is no warning.
When it does stall, it won't get a spark for a couple hours then it'll start right up and drive fine. It seems like something has to cool off completely before it'll work again.

I've done a lot of searching on the forums and replaced the crank sensor, plugs + wires, ignition coil, cap and rotor and kept an eye on all the fluids but the problem prevails. Any body had a similar situation or got any advice? How common is it you get a bad coil from advanced?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i also have a 93 zj (hurrah for aw-4 zj brotherhood) that would just gradualy stall out when idling it would go down to 100 rpm and stall run some injector cleaner through the gas or mavel mystery oil through the gas even if it doesnt solve the problem it would be good for the engine

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea, thats been my theory with everything I've replaced haha, even if it doesn't fix it i'm sure it could use it. I seafoamed it about a month ago but it didn't do a whole lot and ran a quart of marvel mystery oil through it also.

·
Registered
850 Posts
run marvel mystery oil in the gas? isnt that for the oil?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I put the marvel in the crank case and the seafoam in the gas, i didn't know it could go in the gas either haha. Oh well, any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts