Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to do a 4.5" or similar lift to a 98 ZJ.
What other things have to be done to these, t-case drops? longer driveshafts? Brake lines? rear trac bar?

Just lookin for some basics on what else beside the lift kit has to be done, thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just checked out the 4.5" kit on RockyRoad, it moves the Factory Front springs to the rear, and is supposed to sit level, what do you guys think of that??
Also, none of the kits ive checked out say anything about extending the sway bar links.......i guess you can use the stock ones.......?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I've got the 4.5 RE SF on mine, it comes with a new front trac bar and front break lines. Uses longer sway bar links in the rear and new quick discos on the front. It also comes with one inch spacers and hardware to drop the t-case skid(U could easiliy make these yourself if your kit doesn't have them). I want to buy a new adjustable trac bar for the rear to get the axles lined up better. No driveshaft mods where necessary one mine at least, no bad vibes and with adjustable rear control arms you can angle your pinion up.

Just remember you get what you pay for, your better off buying a kit like RE's that comes with all new adjustable control arms, at least for the rear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most likely, im gonna end up with a kit that uses stock arms, so I'm hoping with the t-case drop, it wont have any bad vibrations.......I've heard of a lot of people going 3.5 or 4.5" without a problem, but every trucks different.

Thanks for the info, anyone else know about extending sway links or about using the front coils in the rear......im lookin at the 4.5" kit on RockyROad.com with the OME stuff in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts