Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to correct some steering issues with my ZJ on tons. Up front is an 06 Dana 60 with Artec truss and Artec high steer kit. Two separate spots to put the drag link. The closer hole is 7" from center to center and the second hole is 9.25". My current ZJ pitman arm is only 5" center to center. I know based on my research the pitman arms length should be 90% of the steering arm length to allow full turn radius. With current pitman arm, my drag link should only be about 5.6" out from axle. I would like to move it out to the 9.25" position because with it in the 7" position it will hit my sway bar pins. To get a pitman arm long enough to swing full turn for 9.25" at the tire, I would need a pitman arm 8.3" center to center. Firstly, I don't know of a pitman arm that long, especially not with any type of drop. Secondly, I have a drop bracket for my track bar so that I can match the angles on track bar and drag link to avoid bump steer and align geometry. I can't go much longer than a 7" pitman arm before the pitman arm would hit the drop bracket for the track bar. If I move back to the 7" hole at the tire, I can move to a 6.3" center to center drag link. From what I read, waggy and wj pitman arms are both about 6.75". I think the wj actually has some drop to it. I'm not sure if these are both bolt in options or if they require modifications to fit. If I go with this option, forcing me to move the drag link to the 7" hole at the tire/knuckle, I would have to make some type of custom sway bar and brackets for it on the axle to push the brackets back far enough to allow clearance for the drag link.

I know this is a long story, but I wanted to be as specific as possible to get the best possible ideas / advise. Thanks for any input!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts