Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know... :flipoff2: and the like.

Was the Samurai ever offered with an automatic from the factory?
Or would a slushbox be a custom conversion?

Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Through my research no sami anywhere came with a factory auto. However, u can get a 2wd kick auto and slap that in...while yer at it plop in the 1.6L 8v in there and slap a carb on it, not only does ya got yer auto, ya dun gots more power and no wiring hassles..

just my $0.02

Sarg

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Contrary to popular belief there was a samurai with a factory auto. The only thing I haven't been able to determine for sure is wether it was ever sold in the us or just imported. Most things I've found point towards it being imported. I did see one in Florida and talked to a guy in Michegan who had one. THEY WERE BOTH FACTORY, not some aftermarket thing. If you ever find one let me know, I'd like to have one!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I met a fella once, wuz at his house fer sumthin. Kinda rich guy. He and I talked 4x4 for a while as he looked over my Sammi. he told me he had shopped aroud and bought a Sammi with a factory auto tranny for his dad. Bought it new from the dealer in the US. Maybe another state, don't remember, mightta been TX or FL or anything else. Said his dad drove it for years and had sold it 2-3 years before. I quizzed him carefully about *wuz* it a Sammi, wuz it a auto, and he seemed to be an aware kinda guy and said YES he wuz certain. One other time I talked with someone who had seen one or owned one. But the jury is still out for me until I touch one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts