Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever tried S10 ZR2 rear spring on Toy rear? They are 26" on the short end and 28" on the long end. 2.5" width. Seem to have a pretty good arch (ZR2's have a couple inches of lift compared to regular 4x4 s10). I think this would be a good spring on a bobbed truck - as opposed to 63" chevies on a bobbed truck. I can't find any info about the ZR2 springs anywhere. Any ideas?

·
Registered
237 Posts
from what i have seen they flex really well for their length, but they still arent 63" chevy kinda flex

i say try it

·
Registered
191 Posts
They flex pretty well. I'd probably go for the Blazer springs instead of the s-10 ones. I think the s-10 ones are stiffer but I am not sure. But I think they wont out flex the other chevy springs. A buddy of mine is running regular s-10's on his buggy but hasn't got it out of the garage yet.

But do it, I wanna see how it works out ;)

OH, and for info on zr2 springs id try www.zr2.com

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I have been running s-10 springs for a couple of years now. I started with 2wd springs and was in the middle of putting in 4wd springs when I left. The 4wd springs have a lot more arch to them than the 2wd springs do. but I dont know how much more lift I will get yet. I dont see any reason not to try the ZR2 springs if you can find one in a junk yard, go for it and let us know how they work.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hmmmm, I have a 4runner and a Zr2. Maybe I'll get bored one day and test it out. :D

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I say try it. the ZR2 springs flex quite well IMO.

here's a pic of them flexing (SOA setup).

those are 33s and that's not full flex (myshocks are the limiting factor right now)

pic one

sorry I couldn't find better pics. my other album is having problems (that one has better shots in it).

hope that helps a little

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1TFROT said:
I say try it. the ZR2 springs flex quite well IMO.

here's a pic of them flexing (SOA setup).

those are 33s and that's not full flex (myshocks are the limiting factor right now)

pic one

sorry I couldn't find better pics. my other album is having problems (that one has better shots in it).

hope that helps a little

Did you add or remove any leafs? How much travel would you guess you have?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I did not add or remove any leafs. I'm not sure of the proper way to measure wheel travel, but I can tell you that I can lift any tire 32" before any other tire comes off the ground (that's with the IFS still)

working on getting rid of the IFS hopefully soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts