Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got impatient waiting on a Jesse Haines chassis so I built my own chassis last summer using his portals and Trail Gear 9s. Saw Jesse and Drew were collaborating, so I sold it to a local wheeling buddy and decided to start over again.

2018 JHF/Goatbuilt Chassis
1.6 16v with KO3
03-72le
Tracker/300 doubler
14" ADS 2.5s on the front
16" ADS 2.5s on the rear
05+ Super Duty Trail Gear 609s
Nodular spooled 6.50 3rds

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats been done to the engine? Looks like a killer build!
It’s a DRW turbo kit with a new KO3 from an Audi or Volkswagen Passat and a 12:1 fmu. Went from a 45 amp alternator to a 94 amp GM. Couple pulleys, a new gasket kit and hours of scrubbing with degreaser.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Definitely in for updates on this one.
Any chance you'll be using a samurai hood on this chassis?
Im doing a JHF chassis build and want to cover it with a samurai hood

Im taking some parts from this

And making this

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Where is the build for the one ya sold....? :flipoff2:

So why Zuk power? Going to try to build it with weight savings in mind?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm pretty new to Suzuki/tracker stuff. I built the little tracker tube buggy that's on here. What's the tracker/300 doubler? Someone's kit or you just putting the 300 behind the whole tracker case?

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where is the build for the one ya sold....? :flipoff2:

So why Zuk power? Going to try to build it with weight savings in mind?
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/suzuki/2497177-zuk-buggy-2-0-a-12.html

The last two have had a SC3800/AW4/300 and were both 3416 and 3406. Before the motor swap the first Zuk buggy was 2928. Other than stalling on big climbs it was fun and reliable. Figured I’d try an auto for stalling and turbo for a little more woopow. Adam Wende and Graeme Tydeman both run this setup in their Zuk based werock and have great luck.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm pretty new to Suzuki/tracker stuff. I built the little tracker tube buggy that's on here. What's the tracker/300 doubler? Someone's kit or you just putting the 300 behind the whole tracker case?
Adam and Gtydes both run one from the thread in the Zuk section. His name is Keith and it’s a side job so be patient. Pics aren’t mine, but he said he’s gonna try and finish it this weekend and ship it.

By passes on something Suzuki powered.... get the fuck outta here. :flipoff2::laughing::laughing:
Bought them as a package deal, and sold them before I got them out of the box. I’m already putting enough lipstick on a pig. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've been dreaming of an axle build like this. Trail gear 9's, 05-up outers, JHF steering kit, the new stock 1550 shafts, a 10" ram and 50* steering......

Btw, been waiting on you to start this thread. Loved your others!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been dreaming of an axle build like this. Trail gear 9's, 05-up outers, JHF steering kit, the new stock 1550 shafts, a 10" ram and 50* steering......

Btw, been waiting on you to start this thread. Loved your others!
That’s what this axle is. Waiting to get the chassis tacked and axles under it before cutting the housings down. If everything fits, as you can see in the above pic I’ll run stock 1550 shafts and keep these for spares. Only difference is I’m looking at the 2.75x8.75 ram F&R. I ran one on the original Zuk Buggy and it was plenty.

I hate when whiney cunts cry about Pirate is dead or full of big meanies. Add to the tech here, so the next generation has something to learn from and dream of someday building like we all did. This thread isn’t going to be anything never done before, just done with a different twist. Hopefully someone learns from it, and at least one post lands me in the FAIL thread. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
130 Posts
That’s what this axle is. Waiting to get the chassis tacked and axles under it before cutting the housings down. If everything fits, as you can see in the above pic I’ll run stock 1550 shafts and keep these for spares. Only difference is I’m looking at the 2.75x8.75 ram F&R. I ran one on the original Zuk Buggy and it was plenty.

I hate when whiney cunts cry about Pirate is dead or full of big meanies. Add to the tech here, so the next generation has something to learn from and dream of someday building like we all did. This thread isn’t going to be anything never done before, just done with a different twist. Hopefully someone learns from it, and at least one post lands me in the FAIL thread. :flipoff2:

I'll be intrested in seeing if you can get link placement to clear 50* steering with stock shafts. I ASSumed I'd have to get 2 long sides and have the inners resplined. I know Jesse Haines sayes he doesn't like to offset an axle more than 8-9 inches because of this.

If anyone can figure it out you can. The quality of your last buggy was amazing.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts