Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 243 Posts

·
P.B.A.
4,324 Posts
That's humbling, thank you. Yes they are true beadlocks, and seem to be a nicely made wheel.

It's crazy how easy they go together. If you can weld and read a tape measure/level, you can build a chassis. Chris Roes, Jay Byerly and several others have stepped it up with nifty add-ons like center consoles, motor mounts, master cylinder mounts etc.
Where do you find their stuff? The book of faces?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Started on the exhaust today, and got Some more support from the best in the business.

Do yourself a favor and flip the little pivots on the your shift rail and shift handles that the all thread screws into so they are against the tube coming out of the atlas and the e clips are outward. Those e clips will come off on you. This has cost guys races and alot of people have replaced them with little hiems. Simply flipping them inward fixes it. I just had my shifters apart the other day and sure enough the e clips where gone. I didnt even bother putting new ones back on since they hadnt came apart with them flipped against the tube. Original tech i read from Mudtruck44:smokin:.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Coming a long man! Can’t wait for you to bring it out here to Colorado 😂
Definitely can't wait to try and keep up with yall.
Do yourself a favor and flip the little pivots on the your shift rail and shift handles that the all thread screws into so they are against the tube coming out of the atlas and the e clips are outward. Those e clips will come off on you. This has cost guys races and alot of people have replaced them with little hiems. Simply flipping them inward fixes it. I just had my shifters apart the other day and sure enough the e clips where gone. I didnt even bother putting new ones back on since they hadnt came apart with them flipped against the tube. Original tech i read from Mudtruck44:smokin:.
Thanks for the advice, never thought of that. I've seen the heims and it's definitely on the to do eventually.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Carrier bearing mounted, TruCool transcooler mounted and plumbed, Orielly AGM battery mounted, exhaust finished and wrapped. Down to radiator plumbing and wiring.

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
Nice :smokin:

happen to have any more pictures of how you routed the rest of your exhaust?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I thoroughly enjoy your builds, but I have a question.
Your last buggy looked great and seemed to do exactly what you wanted it to. So what did you gain by using this pre-bent chassis over your last that you made from scratch?

I want to build a full tube buggy, but a few things scare me off. Length of time to build and create every little part, and the overall look. I've seen a few over the years that just don't look right. Your last buggy looked amazing.
Just curious, because I have considered buying a chassis and building off of it, but would prefer to start from scratch.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Nice :smokin:

happen to have any more pictures of how you routed the rest of your exhaust?
Thank you . I thought about it when I put the panel on, but it's nothing you've never seen before. It drops over the top, then 90s into a 2.5 fo 3 Y pipe. I haven't committed to a specific muffler, so I just welded a vband clamp on the end so I don't have to pull it out to weld it.

I thoroughly enjoy your builds, but I have a question.
Your last buggy looked great and seemed to do exactly what you wanted it to. So what did you gain by using this pre-bent chassis over your last that you made from scratch?

I want to build a full tube buggy, but a few things scare me off. Length of time to build and create every little part, and the overall look. I've seen a few over the years that just don't look right. Your last buggy looked amazing.
Just curious, because I have considered buying a chassis and building off of it, but would prefer to start from scratch.
I kept ripping the boots every trip and slinging grease. Also the brake brackets loosened every trip and leaked gear oil everywhere. I'm used to cheap shitboxes that I don't have to take apart and rebuild every trip. Jesse gave me some tips and a new series of boots to try before I sold it, and that seems to be working for Earl. Plus he offered me a great deal on it, and I kinda like building them and trying to improve what I know how to do. I'm not good enough to quit my job and work for a fab shop yet. But hopefully when the kids are all grown and I want to move West, someone will be willing to hire me.

I would join the JHF chassis group on Facebook if you're serious. Great group of guys building them several different ways. Several of the guys have every small piece you'd ever need to build yourself already cut out. If you can weld and read a tape measure, you can build one of these cars.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Badass! When will it move?
Still brainstorming a skinny pedal, how to protect the top of the radiator, and what to do about shafts. Denny's has been out of the 1550 Spicers for a bit and doesn't allow you to speak with anyone when you call. Everywhere else seems to be out or is almost double the price. When I went to install slugs I noticed one of the joints is trashed in my junkyard set. I'm hoping a few more weeks and it will be wheelable. Then I'll have to brainstorm the rear cage so my son can sit in the back. It's always hard to make 4 seaters look good.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow this is coming out great. I had not checked in on this since it was Zuk based. I think that lS1 4l80 atlas combo is hard to beat and will be lots of fun. You've got a great recipe here.

181 - 200 of 243 Posts