Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Nothing noticeable but I tinkered for a bit today. Got all the portal gusset bolts drilled and tapped today, fuel cell mount, Brave Motorsports pcm mount tucked away nicely, and welded in some diff fill plugs. Trying to decide between angle iron to mount a basket over the cell later, or just some flat bar across the top of the cell.

Didn't really like leaving the buggy in the open when going on long trips out of state, so I picked up a used 4 month old 24' V-nose enclosed.

Much better aka nothing hits.

I thought you had a gooseneck that was getting built in to a toy hauler?

And I love how that front axel looks!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I thought you had a gooseneck that was getting built in to a toy hauler?

And I love how that front axel looks!
I didn't like leaving the rig outside in the open, and have always wanted a fully enclosed. I did my best with the gooseneck, but quickly became overwhelmed with it. I'm not much of a fabricator, but I'm definitely not a plumber or carpenter.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Tinkered with some posterboard.

Love the caliper coverage with these things, and they don't look too bad for used. They should help narrow things up a good bit.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
None, I got blindsided with a divorce Friday. Gonna try and make it a roller and find somewhere to store it. Have to worry about a stable home and finding help for Draven while im at work.
That's shitty! I hope everything works out for you and your boy. Keep your head up!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Extended front frame rails, mounted winch plate, lower radiator support, brake master and cutting brake, painted Cs and tore portals down for sealing.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Looks great in that color! Is that the black but we did that to a buddy's cage and it came out grayish
The hammered paint is different colors depending if it's brushed, rolled, or painted. I like the black when brushed, it's more of a gray.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
This is 59 North in Humble where the San Jacinto river moved the barricades.

Overwhelming is an understatement. The George R Brown is a small city now.

My son at GRB volunteering, makes me tear up.

161 - 180 of 284 Posts