1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got this thing rolling around again :D

"Modified" spring pack in the front :D

1.5" YJ's in the rear.

Sliders are done, rear bumper is done, rear shocks are on.

It sits here on 31's on stock Ford wheels 15x7....Tires will be somewhere between 35's-37's...

We still have the new 2.0 liter Vitara motor to put in, PRP seats, Tmax winch, lots of tube work too:D

and the new motor

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rudezuk said:
We are using a kit from Trail Tough, we will let you know how the installation goes.

Also this is an 86 zuk
The instruments are stock? you changed just the dash? Are they for sale already? We do not have 86 sami's around here, so I do not know much about them. I need a dash but I wanted something low profile like yours not the one that petrowerks has for sale, too fancy for a daily driver. By the way, is that a chevy engine? Thanks!
Gui

·
Registered
123 Posts
from the pics it looks like a stock 86-early88 stock samurai dash and motor looks to be a 2.0 suzuki 4-popper.....

but don't listen to me cuz i am just a fawkin newbee :flipoff2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am a newbee too. I have never seen the 2.0 suzuki but I can see the chevy simbol on the fan : ) would this one be from a chevy tracker?
Are those easier to put on than the VW ones ços you can get VW's engines all around brasil!

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
garbage!!! said:
I am a newbee too. I have never seen the 2.0 suzuki but I can see the chevy simbol on the fan : ) would this one be from a chevy tracker?
Are those easier to put on than the VW ones ços you can get VW's engines all around brasil!

That isnt a chevy symbol....

And this is from a 2000 Grand Vitara.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Rudezuk said:
That isnt a chevy symbol....

And this is from a 2000 Grand Vitara.

fawken newbies eh!!!!!!!!! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Donno whats so amazing about the dash? Looks exactly like my '87's. Guess I have a "low-profile" dash lol... -David-

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had never seen that dash before since we do not have that many 87 samurais in Brasil( maybe one or two, but that is it) and I thought he had changed the dash for an alternative one, it does anyway look nicer than the 93 samurai's ones anyway.
I thought I had seen a chevy simbol, sorry for that, but anyway is not it the same engine after all( I mean the chevy tracker and the Suzuki Grand Vitara)?
And sorry if I ofended anyone. I will be quit and try to learn : )
Gui

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
lmao......... where would we be without newbies :flipoff2: :laughing:

that dash was used between 86 and early 88.... they chenged it in 88.5.... they do have a little more room around the shifter espically if you remove the stearo bucket(slides in and out), thats what i liked about mine, if i ever left the truck at a buddys house or somewhere i slide out the complete stearo instead of just my face plate...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
oh, and yes it is the same motor :flipoff2:

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
Holy cow-doesn't the front frame addition stick out kinda far? I guess with the 37's you will regain some of that lost approach angle, but it looks like the winch is gonna be sitting a foot and a half from the grill...

Are you planning on having the motor further forward (than "usual") and doing a cowl or hood extension?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it, but it just looks a little sticky outy :D

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
it looks like thats the best he could do while using those leafs..... there mounted flush with the bumper.....

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UZI 9mm said:
Holy cow-doesn't the front frame addition stick out kinda far? I guess with the 37's you will regain some of that lost approach angle, but it looks like the winch is gonna be sitting a foot and a half from the grill...

Are you planning on having the motor further forward (than "usual") and doing a cowl or hood extension?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it, but it just looks a little sticky outy :D

No really more than what ambers was...

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
Rudezuk said:
No really more than what ambers was...

I guess it was the scale of the tires throwing me off. The 31's look like little stockers, :eek: and the tires (36's?) on Amber's look "right" :D :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts