Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just to see what it would do,i bled the brakes on the zuk. im running 4 fullsize calipers with no proportioning valve. you have to pump the pedal 2 times to get the rear to stop. i guess ill be finding another mastercylinder and ordering an adjustable prop. valve.

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
4x4man said:
just to see what it would do,i bled the brakes on the zuk. im running 4 fullsize calipers with no proportioning valve. you have to pump the pedal 2 times to get the rear to stop. i guess ill be finding another mastercylinder and ordering an adjustable prop. valve.

mine works just fine for my D44's

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Go out and find your self a stock Jeep master and bolt it on with a little Silly cone. Oh yeah put a proportioning valve on it with a line lock. I have been using that with my toy axels and Chevy rear disks on there I can lock them up with otu any trouble.

Yeah I know it is a Jeep part but hey it works! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
531 Posts
My zuk has toyota running gear. I went with four runner four piston calipers all around, and an fj80 booster and master cylinder with prop valve!

Stops the 42's great!

TB

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
anybody have any more info on how and where to instal the proportioning valve? Any pics? What is the prop valve from?

My rear brakes don't lock up now unless I stomp the pedal a few times (toy axles with monte carlo rear disks). Will just the larger MC fix this? Will just the prop valve fix this? Or do I need both?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
sh996 said:
anybody have any more info on how and where to instal the proportioning valve? Any pics? What is the prop valve from?

My rear brakes don't lock up now unless I stomp the pedal a few times (toy axles with monte carlo rear disks). Will just the larger MC fix this? Will just the prop valve fix this? Or do I need both?

Thanks.
A larger M/C will do you right go firebird or the Ford.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i just installed the firebird MC.....just needed to open the mounting holes a bit....got it bleed and on the truck sealed to the booster with silicon.....should be able to test it in a week or so and let you know how it works.....this will be with stock yota front calipers and GM metric calipers in the rear....

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
nozuk said:
Land cruzer work nice also:D
Ya it might, but since there has been more posts on the later it may be an easier fix other then this is what I have try it or maybe you could pull an article out of your paper route bag, off of your 10spd :D

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I need to shut up becuz i said to much i will do a write p on this rig it is on soon enough first when the owner gets back from E....
oh never mind i will get permission

oh yah it make the damn rig stop on a dime save our ass from going 55 to 60 ove a burm:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
just because i know more than you rat man dont get jelous:flipoff2: :flipoff2: and it's not a ten speed it's a 21 speed fawker:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thanks guys for the info. I'll check parts and my wallet and see if I can get it done in the next three days before I head off to Moab.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well,i had a friend give me a M/C off a 86 ranger today. it had manual brakes, so i measured the pushrod on the stock zuk,and cut the ranger M/C rod to that length. since its a manual booster,,the rod stays in the M/C(i guess,the fawker wouldnt come out)i just wonder how this will work if i unhook the vaccum line going to the booster and just run manual brakes? i will say that the ranger M/C fits perfect with no filing of the holes. how this will work,,i dunno,,but its going to be a few more months before i can even drive this thing. (still got tto get crossover syeering built,,,put in the gears ,,and so fourth.,,,or i might just buy a power M/C (i work at NAPA and get good prices)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts