Pirate 4x4 banner
221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
zuki rotor/nissan caliper

The guy I bought my jeep from did this and I am having nothing but trouble!
I am constantly blowing the piston on the calipers. Anyone help???

·
Registered
684 Posts
Finally getting back to the rear axle project. Anyone happen to have cad data or dimensions for the caliper brackets?
If you are trying to do the swap on an amc 20..... I got mine from this guy on fleabay

Disc Brake Conversion Brackets for CJ5 CJ7 CJ8 Scrambler AMC Model 20 Wrangler | eBay

I also found this just now
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Brake-Conversion-Brackets-for-CJ5-CJ7-CJ8-Scrambler-AMC-Model-20-Wrangler-/290658369911?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ac96c177&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine is a Dana 44 from a 1973 Wagoneer so need D44 brackets. Too bad though that looked to be a good price. Have the steel and a CNC plasma cutter so if I can find the dimensions I should be all set. Mainly just need center of axle to the caliper bolt centers. Everything else should be easy enough to measure / find online.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know.....old thread.

But it's time to make the mod to my CJ. She just doesn't stop the same with 35's.

Any update? Tempting to buy one of the kits....but...that's no fun.

300z Caliper still the way to go?

And I'm guessing a non-vented rotor is not an issue since it's on the back?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I believe that's correct, and the z caliper won't fit a vented rotor (too thick). I've slowly been acquiring parts to do this myself... speaking of which I think my "loaded calipers" may be missing hardware anyone know what holds the pads in place on the z caliper? seemsto sloppy to be complete...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I know.....old thread.

But it's time to make the mod to my CJ. She just doesn't stop the same with 35's.

Hit up glp86 about his caliper brackets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pulled some calipers off an 87 z and turns out they fit the vented sammi rotors pretty much perfectly. The hardware kit part # is 117.42042 I picked it up at Napa, but looks like Summit sells em.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know.....old thread.

I'm in the same boat my drums aren't cutting it anymore plus they're leaking, so I'd rather just swap to disc on the cheap. Have you guys completed the swap how do y'all like it?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
87-89 Nissan Pathfinder rear calipers are very similar to the ones pictured, but do not have the emergency brake built in.

Also, the rear rotors from the same Nissan Pathfinder are 6 lug, slip on, and vented, might be a good match for a Waggy 44 swapped rig.

Also, FWIW, Nissan brake fitting size is M10x1.0

221 - 232 of 232 Posts